Chapter 61

"I think you've put on enough sunscreen," I tell Jace as he continues to rub an excessive amount of sunscreen on my back. His hands feel amazing as they kneed and massage my skin, but I hate the smell of sunscreen, so after about five minutes I've had enough.

"I don't want you getting burnt. I won't be able to touch you." That thought is not very appealing, so I relax back into the long chair.

It's unusallly warm on Long Beach Island, almost eighty degrees, but the warmth is welcomed after being in New York's harsh winters only this morning.

After losing the fight of who's paying for my swimsuit, we stopped at our hotel real quick to change and unpack some of our stuff. The hotel is bigger than my apartment and is right on the water.

I smile as I remember Jace's reaction after I put on my swimsuit, he-

"I think you're good to go," he says interrupting my thoughts and gives me a playful smack on my butt.

Turning onto my back, I look up to find Jace taking off his shirt. His muscles ripple as he pulls it over his head and tosses it at me with a smile. I catch it before it can hit me in the face and try to throw it back at him, but he's too fast and grabs ahold of my arm before I can. He wrestles the shirt from me and drops it onto his long chair next to mine.

I push gently against his tattooed chest, so I can get up, and he hooks a finger into the little duvet in between my breasts and pulls me against him. "What are we going to do about this?" he asks, tugging up my top while pressing his lips against my neck.

"Learn to appreciate it," I say, wrapping my arms around his lean waist.

He nips my skin harshly with his teeth. "I already adore it, but it seems so does everybody else."

"Aw, is someone jealous?" I tease.

"Yes," he admits, and I almost feel a little bad. I know he has jealousy issues, but so do I, and I go through the same stuff with him too. I don't miss all the female attention he has gotten since we have got here, and he was fully clothed.

"You'll just have to learn to live with it," I tell him, and his lips finally leave my neck.

His mouth presses against my ear, and he whispers, "I've got a better idea." I should've known from his tone of voice that I would be up and over his shoulder, but I reacted too late.

I can feel several pairs of eyes on us as I yell at him to put me down, and when I realize he's taking us toward the water and not back to the hotel, I up my attempts of escape a little more, but it's no use; he's too strong, and I'm already at a disadvantage as I'm hanging upside down.

I know the water is going to be freezing, and I'm ready for it, but I'm thrown off guard when Jace doesn't let me down as his feet touch the water, instead he keeps running until he's almost waist deep. His hands release their death grip around my thighs, and move to my hips as he lifts me off him and throws me in the air.

My scream is cut off as I hit the water. It's not as cold as I thought it was going to be, but it's still a shock to my system as my entire body is plunged under water.

I come up for air sputtering and pissed. I look around for Jace, so I can try and get some sort of revenge on him, but I don't see him anywhere.

A few seconds tick by, and I start to feel uneasy as I head back to shore, I'm soon stopped short when something strong wraps around my ankle and pulls me back a few inches.

I start to panick and kick my feet my feet widely under water when the thing suddenly releases me and Jace's head appears out of the water in front of me.

I don't think I've ever seen him laugh so hard as he pushes the hair out of his face and pulls me to him. I like seeing him so relaxed and carefree around me, but I wish the reason wasn't because he sacred me shit less.

"You arse," I yell, pushing against his chest and hands. "You scared the crap out of me." His eyes sparkle in amusement as he watches me fight against him.

Knowing, I'm not going to go anywhere, I place my hands on his shoulders and push down as hard as I can trying to dunk him under water. He just chuckles and grabs my legs to wrap them around his waist. I'm slightly less angry at him as I nestle against his body in the water, so I don't try and get away from him, but I do splash him.

His eyes widen in suprise at my bold move, but if anything, he seems even more amused. He tightens his hands around the back of my thighs in warning, but childishly, I do it again; he deserves more than a little splash.

When I try to do it a third time, his eyes narrow playfully, and he grabs both of my hands in one of his and holds them hostage behind my back.

With his freed hand, he captures my chin in between his fingers and tilts my face up to look at him.

"No. Splashing. Allowed," he mouths.

"No. Assholes. Allowed. Either," I mouth back. He smirks and presses his lips against mine. I melt in to him, and tug on my hands. He lets me go and I tangle my hands into his hair.

"Should we give them a show?" I ask, pulling back as my hands move down to his swim trunks; I love the way his eyes dilate when I ask him this.

"Only if you can keep quite," he says, a cocky smirk plastered on his face.

"I should be telling you that." He's not exactly quite in bed either.

He doesn't respond to that, only pulls me back against him. My hand stroke him through his swim trunks, and as he starts to pull them down, I unwrap my legs from around his waist and move underwater. I resurface a safe distance away from him.

"See you on shore, babe," I yell, and turn away, but not before I see his slightly stunned expression.
---------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This was mostly a fun little filler chapter, but vote and comment like crazy because in the next few chapters exciting stuff is going to happen!