Chapter 66

I giggle as I run up the stairs with Jace hot on my trail. I can't remember why I want to beat him to our bedroom, but I know it's important that I get there first.

We just went to a local bar for a couple of drinks, but before we knew it, we were both hammering back shots, so we're both a little tipsy.

It's been exactly two weeks since I've moved in, and it has been the best two weeks of my life. I have to admit I was a little suprised when we got back from California to find my clothes already neatly tucked away into his walk-in closet. From his calm tone and hesitant expression, I could tell he thought he pushed me too far, but I calmed his worry with a bright smile.

My parents were shocked, to say the least, when I told them the reason why I was moving out of my apartment, but I knew they were happy for me.

Angela, on the other hand, took the news too well and didn't seem that suprised when I told her I was moving in with Jace; it's like she knew it was coming and that didn't settle well with me.

Hearing Jace's footsteps gaining on me, pulls me out of my thoughts, and I run ever faster. Eventually, he catches up to me and with his long strides it doesn't take long until he's passing me on the stairs.

When I get to the top, I stumble on the last step but manage to land on my hands instead of my face and avoid doing any real damage.

Jace must have heard me fall because he quickly rushes over to me. He looks at me with steady eyes even though a second ago I could have sworn he was drunker than me.

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" he asks, raking his eyes down my body to see if I'm hurt.

I'm about to tell him I'm fine, when I decide to use this to my advantage.

I touch my perfectly intact ankle and pretend to wince in pain. He quickly glances down at where my hand touches my ankle and gently brushes my hand aside, so he can run his fingers delicately over it.

"I doesn't look red, and I don't think it's swollen. Do you think you can walk on it?" he asks.

I nod and stand up slowly, using his arm to "help" me up. Once I'm fully standing, I let go of him and run as fast as I can to our bedroom, which isn't that fast, but I manage to reach the door before he does.

"I win." I smile up at him. "What's my prize again?" I ask.

He narrows his eyes. "That wasn't very nice," he states, ignoring my question.

Taking a few menacing steps toward me, I gulp as he spins me to face away from him. "You cheated, so I win," he says softly in my ear, his hand lingering on the zipper of my dress.

"How did I cheat? There were no rules," I remind him.

"Well I made the game, so I make the rules. And I'm telling you that faking an injury is cheating, so I win." My dress pools in a heap around my feet.

A finger runs down my spine and stops at beginning of my lace underwear. I suck in sharp breathe when he presses against me. "No panties for a week."

A small smile threatens to break out across my face at his words. "No panties?" I question.

I feel him shake his head.

Bringing my hands to the waistline of my underwear, I pull them down slightly. "Tonight?"

His hands cover mine, freezing my movements.

"Starting tomorrow," he says, and I all but pout. "You're drunk, and I want you to remember the things I do to the next morning."

I'm not that drunk.

"It's late anway. You have work tomorrow," he reminds me and that's the only reason I nod before grabbing one of his t-shirts and crawling into bed.

Jace strips down to just his boxers and gets under the comforter after me.

I immediately scoot closer to him and rest my head on his chest. His arms encircle me, and I am content, but I can't help but feel our happiness is a ticking time bomb, any second now it could go off and break me into a million pieces.

I distract myself from these sad thoughts by running my hand over his tattooed chest. As I'm tracing his intricate rose, I hear a "clicking" sound. I glance up and see that he's holding up my phone.

Did he just take a picture of us?

His smile tells me everything. I narrow my eyes and try to grab at his out reached hand, but he manages to escape my attempts and snaps another picture.

When he presses his lips roughly against mine, I soften a little and tangle a hand into his hair.

Click.

He pulls back and traces my lips with his thumb; I smile.

Click.

He leans down and nibbles on my neck.

Click.

Something wet touches my ear; I laugh and squeal as I try to push him away.

Click. Click. Click.

He smirks and let's me grab my phone from him. I roll to the other end of the bed and face the camera towards him.

I snap only two pictures of him before he realizes what I'm doing. I manage to capture a few more before my phone is taken from me and he sits astride my waist, putting only enough weight on me to keep me pinned down. I hide my face with my arms, but they're soon pried off.

Jace takes several pictures of me smiling and laughing underneath him, and it isn't until I offer a truce does he stop.

He pulls my body against him and tangles our legs. Right before I drift off to sleep, I think I hear one last "click" before the darkness pulls me under.
------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you so much for 1k+ votes and over 20k reads. Share this story with a friend if you like it and please continue to vote and comment. I plan for this book to be coming to an end soon, and then I will take a two week break before posting the first chapter to the second book in this trilogy!