Chapter 31

"But it's a Sunday," I complain.

"Who says you can't have fun on a Sunday?" Angela asks, shoving a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a sweater in my face.

I take them reluctantly. "Go get changed, we don't want to be stuck with the shitty alcohol."

"Fine." I get ready slowly just to make Angela mad and head to the bathroom to fix my hair and put a little makeup on. When I emerge out of my bathroom, I see Asher and Angela laughing loudly.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

They both turn towards me with big grins on their face. "We were just talking about the time you let a drug dealer live with you," Asher says.

I scowl and they both brust out laughing again. I supress a smile. "That's so not funny," I say to them.

Angela calms down a bit before saying, "It's hilarious and you know
it."

I shake my head, but I'm smiling. "Whatever, let's go," I tell Angela, grabbing her arm and all but drag her out the door.

"Nice meeting you, Asher," she calls over her shoulder.

"You too," he yells, and I shut the apartment door behind us.

Adjusting my purse on my shoulder, I ask Angela,"Did you call a cab yet?"

"Yeah when you were getting ready."

"Where is this party at?

She picks at her flawless nails and answers, "We've been there before. It's the one with the gigantic hotub in the backyard."

"The frat house?"

"That's the one." This won't be too bad then. I like Rony, the guy who pretty much plans and throws a party every weekend.

Stepping outside we see a cab parked out front, and Angela and I walk quickly through the cold and open up the cab door. We're instantly hit with the smell of cigarettes, BO, and cheap perfume.

Angela rattles off the address and we're off. The drive usually would only take about five minutes, but with New York traffic it takes us twenty.

The nice thing about the frat house is that it's in a secluded area and the only people that live near it are also in college so his parties never get busted.

We pay the pricy cab fair before getting out. The yard is only littered with a couple of people, mostly smokers, because of the cold night.

Walking through the front door, a red cup is instantly shoved into our hands. I take a sip and grimace at the taste. I shoot Angela a look, and find she has the same sour expression. I smile and tip my cup back downing the whole thing.

"Woah, slow down," someone yells, and I look around my cup to see Rony.

He's smiling broadly as he makes his way through the bodies that litter the kitchen.

"I'm going to find us something better to drink," Angela says to me, and I nod before she walks away.

"Hey, Rony," I say, smiling.

"Where have you been, Jasmine? I haven't seen you around here in forever," he says, handing me another cup of cheap liquor.

I take a sip. "Oh you know, classes, work." Jace, I think, but don't say it, instead I take another long drink.

"I thought you were still upset about what happened last time," he says, smirking.

"Shutup. I was so shit faced, I was throwing the ball into my own cup."