Chapter 33

My hands unconsciously reach across the mattress for Jace, and when I don't feel him my eyes snap open. I sit up quickly in his bed, and that was not smart thing to do. My head throbs horribly and I massage my temples to try and coax the the pain.

Once I get used to dull thud in my ears, I look around his room as if waiting for him to step through the wall. He doesn't. The only sign of him being here is on the nightstand, where I see a glass of water and two pills.

Reluctantly, I get out of his comfortable bed and make my way over to the night stand. As I'm picking up the glass of water, I see a piece of paper has been tucked underneath it.
I bring it to my face and see small words scrawled across the page. It reads: Had to run into the office for a little while. Be back at 12. Make your self at home.- J.

I put the paper back on the counter, and smile. Hmm..his whole house to myself? This could be fun. I swallow the pills whole and wash them back with some water. I run a hand through my hair and when I can only get about halfway down because of the tangles, I know the first thing I need to do today is take a shower.

Jace's shower is bigger than I first thought; it could be used as a hotub it's that big and it's packed with everything a girl could need. Smelly shampoo and conditioner, a razor, shaving cream and even some face wash.

It isn't until I'm shaving my legs that I wonder, why the hell does he have all of these women products in here? On instinct my mind drifts to the worse possibility as to why he has all of this stuff, but I shake my head, he must have bought them for me. That thought brings me both a sense of unease and security at the same time.

I finish the rest of my shower quickly before heading to Jace's dresser. I pull out a black t-shirt and slip it on. His scent instantly fills the air around me, and I can't help myself from bring his shirt to my nose and inhaling deeply.

Once I comb through my hair and brush my teeth with a spare tooth brush I found in the bayhroom, I head downstairs for some breakfeast. Hopefully he has cereal, so I can't burn it. He doesn't let me down when I step into his gigantic walk in pantry and see a whole row dedicated to cereal. I keep it simple and stick with frosted miny weats. As I'm eating, I start to feel weird being in this big house all by myself. I check the time on the oven and see that it's only 10:30 A.M. Another hour and a half until Jace gets back.

What to do? Jace did say make myself at home, so I don't think he'll mind if I take a little tour? I rinse my bowl before placing it in the dishwasher and start my exploring.

I end up finding a lot of rooms empty except for a bed and dresser, along with an entertainment room that has a pool table, a ping pong table, foosball, and some stuff I don't know the name to. Heading upstairs, I pull on a door handle at random, but I find that it is locked. Weird. I'll have to ask him about it when he gets back. U wonder what's in there?

Continuing my little adventure around his house I find that he also has a movie theater upstairs along with a small workout room. As I'm about to head back downstairs, a door at the end of the hallway catches my eye. It says "Exit" across it. It must lead up to the roof or something.

I walk down the hallway and open the door and I'm instantly hit with the cold. I just want to see the view from this high up and I'll be back, I tell myslelf.

Walking up the stone stairs I'm shocked when I not only see the entire spread out around me, I also see a hotub. A freaking hotub a 100 stories in the air overlooking New York City.

I hold his t-shirt down against my thighs as I walk and when I get close enough, I see that there is a cover over top of it, but it's not one of those ones where you can just pull off, it looks like it opens electronicly. I search around the outside of the hotub and when I see a big round button on the side I click it. I watch as it opens up and I look down at the steamy water.

Glancing left and right, even though I know no one is up here, I slip off his t-shirt. I cross my arms over my chest and dip a toe into the water to test the temperature. It's scolding, but that's perfect for a cold day like this. I climb in slowly to adjust my body to the water and a shiver runs down my spine when my body is completly submerged in the water. Aw. It feels amazing, especially with this hangover. I tip my head back againt one of the cushions and close my eyes. I don't fall asleep, but I keep my eyes shut and let the heat relax my tense muscles.

At least an hour later, my muscles are loosened, and I step out of the hotub. Fuck, I think to myself when I realize I don't have anything to dry off with, leaving me no choice but to put back on Jace's t-shirt and walk through his house completely soaked.

I run down stone steps, wanting to get out of the cold as quick as possible, and open back up the door, heading left into the nearest bathroom. I take off his shirt again and dry my hair and body off with a towl before heading back to Jace's bedroom naked and grab another shirt out of his dresser. I doubt he'll mind.

Walking back downstairs, I flop down on the couch and lay on my stomache as I mindlessly flip through the channels. Less than a minute later, I hear the elevator ding, signaling someone is coming up. It must be Jace. Hopping off the couch, I walk to the elevator door to greet him, and I watch as the doors slide open "Hi-" I say, expecting to see Jace emerge through the elevator doors, but it's not him. It's a taller, more older version of Jace.

I panick for a split second as the blond stranger turns his attention towards me. His smile is sinful as his eyes rake my half naked body and I tug my t-shirt down self consciously. His green eyes peirce mine and his smile turns into an amused smirk.

"Hello, you must be Jasmine. I'm Xander, Jace's brother."
-------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Comment and vote and i'll try to update tomorrow!!