Chapter 22

I take my plate of spaghetti that Jace made since I can't cook worth a shit, and take a seat next to Jace at the kitchen table, directly across from Asher.

Nobody says much as we eat, the tension getting thicker and thicker with each bite.

I stifle a gasp when I feel a large hand grip my upper thigh and squeeze. I shoot a what the hell do you you're doing look at Jace. The only response I get is the slight twitch of his upper lip, and his hand slides higher up my thigh.

I try and concentrate on eating and anything but Jace's hand fondiling my thigh, but it's close to impossible.

His fingers trail down the inner part of my thigh, and I take a drink of water and all but choke on it when Jace's hand possessively cups my sex.

"Are you okay?" Jace asks all innocent and concerned.

One of my hands reaches down below the table to grasp Jace's wrist. "I'm fine," I say through my teeth and pull his hand away.

Asher looks between Jace and I, probably wondering what the hell? And what the hell is right. What does Jace think he's doing?

Jace's hand goes back to my thigh to rest there, and when I try pulling his hand away again, his hand squeezes my thigh in warning.

I narrow my eyes at him, but he doesn't look my way. In my mind I'm rolling my eyes. Fine.

We finish are dinner in silence, and when I finish Jace takes both of our dishes to the sink to rinse before I can protest.

"Well I'm gonna start start unpacking," Asher says leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Okay. I'll be out here. Just let me know if need help with something."

He starts walking towards his room, which is past the kitchen and into a little hallway. "I will," he calls over his shoulder.

I watch as Asher shuts his door, and my attention is back on Jace as he grabs my hand. "Ready to go?" he asks as gently tugs on my hand.

"Ready go go where?" I ask, confused.

"Back to my place," he says as if that was the plan the whole time.

"What? No," I say pulling my hand out of his.

"Why not?" he asks, quickly getting irritated.

"Because Asher is here," Jace's eyes narrow dangerously when I say his name, but I continue talking, "and I need to be here if he needs help with anything."

"He's a big boy, Jasmine. I think he can manage unpacking by himself."

"I said no, Jace." I cross my arms; I'm not budging.

Jace looks me up and down. "Have it your way then," he says smirking, and before I can blink Jace stoops down infront of me and his arm comes around the back of my thighs, and he throws me up and over his shoulder.

"What are you doing!?" I whisper/yell.

"If you won't let me take you to my place and fuck you in privacy, then I'll fuck you here with douchebag down the hall," he says simpily.

His arm is firmly around my thighs, as I squirm in his arms.

I slap his butt. "Put me down," I demand, but all he does is slap my bum in return. Hard.

"Ow!"

I feel his body shake. The bastard thinks this is funny!

I cling onto his jacket, to keep from swaying, and Jace makes his way across my apartment where he comes to a stop in front of my closed bedroom door.