Chapter 34

"Hello, you must be Jasmine. I'm Xander, Jace's brother."

All I can do is stare at him in shock. So this is Jace's brother? Something about him seems so familiar, and not just his uncharacteristically similar looks to Jace; I feel like I've seen him before. I study his shaggy blond hair and green eyes and it hits me; this is the guy from the club, the person that asked Jace not so subtly if he was fucking me that night. I take a step back; I don't think Jace is the biggest fan of him, so I don't think I should be either, especially the way he is looking at me.

I blush involuntarily at the way his eyes rome my body and face and finally land back on my eyes. "So where is Jace?" he asks, glancing around.

"Uhm," is all I can mutter, and he takes a step towards me.

He cocks his head to the side, "You are a pretty one, but then again Jace can only have the best," he says sarcastically and I can tell there are years of envy/hatred between the two of them.

He takes another step forward and I say quickly, "Jace is at work right now; I don't think he'll be back until later," I lie; he should be home any minute, but I just want to get Xander the hell out of here.

"Pretty.. and a liar. Intresting," he says, mostly to himself and takes another step forward, completely invading my personal space. He reaches toward me and I flinch as cold hands touches the side of my face and moves a wet peice of hair out of my face. "You know if you ever get bored of Jace, let me know, and I can give you the pleasure of a lifetime," he says.

Shocked and disgusted by his words, I bring my hand up and slap him. He staggers back, holding his cheek. "I'm not some whore you asshole," I tell him, snidley.

His green eyes burn with rage and I'm about two seconds from running when I hear the elevator ding. Thank the lord; Jace is finally here.

Xander turn around at the sound, still holding his cheek, and watches as the door slides open.

Jace stands on the other side in a black suit, and I watch as Jace's eyes glance towards Xander and spark with anger. But then his eyes slide over to me and they soften emensley.

Then as his looks me up and down his eyes turn to fury. He marches in, ignoring his brother, and gets in my face. "What the fuck are you wearing?" he snaps. I glance down at my attire and see his black t-shirt sticking to my still wet skin.

"How was I supposed to know your brother would should show up unannounced?" I ask. Jace clenches his teeth, and I see Xander trying to hide a smirk from over Jace's shoulder.

"Get changed. Now," he hisses, barely able to control his anger.

I hold up hands. "I'm going, I'm going," I say and start to turn around, but Jace grabs my wrist and turns me around. He pulls me against him and kisses my lips harshly before pulling away quickly.

"Why do you smell like chlorine?" he asks, his eywbrows knit in confusion.

I smile up at him. "I may have went exploring and ventured my way into your hotub," I say casually.

He narrows his eyes, but he doesn't seem mad at me, he seems mad at the idea of me being naked and in his hot tub while he was at work. I lean up on my tiptoes and press my lips against his ear. "Later," I whisper, and his eyes are dialated as he looks at me with pure lust.

"Later," he says, "Now go change," he commands. I listen and make my way upstairs reluctantly. I want to hear what they say.

When I get upstairs I realize I have nothing to put on. My jeans are wrinkled and my sweater has an alcohol stain on it. How did that get there?