Chapter 60

"Come on, babe." Jace tugs on my arm, trying to get me out the door. We didn't get to his place until late last night, so I'm left trying to get everything packed this morning.

"Wait, I still haven't packed underwear or any of my bathroom stuff."

He smirks and gently pushes me toward my bedroom door. "I'll be in charge of packing your panties, you can grab your bathroom shit."

I make a joke about him being a pervert before heading to my bathroom to grab my toiletries.

Jace looks way too smug when I return. Ignoring his smile, I shove my stuff into my suitcase. "Ready," I tell him. He grabs my suitcase from my hand, and I follow behind him as we head out to his car.

His driver takes us to the airport, and Jace's company jet is exactly as I remember: sleek, modern, and ginormous.

"I'm going to work on my laptop for a while, you can go back into the bedroom to sleep if you want or-"

"I'll stay up here with you," I interrupt and slide into one of the several rows of seats. Jace grabs down a blanket and tosses it to me before taking a seat.

I tense as the plane starts to move, but Jace places a soothing hand on me knee that helps me relax.

The flight is long, but it isn't as miserable as I thought it would be. I spend most of my time sleeping, but when I'm awake, Jace is good company.

Gentle hands nudge me awake, but I'm not ready to get up yet.

"We're here," he whispers.

"Ten more minutes," I grumble and pull the blanket tighter around me. Just when I think he's actually going going to let me sleep a little while longer, I feel his presence wash over me and something wet presses on the inside of my ear.

My eyes instantly snap open, and I move my head away from his assault. "You know I hate when you do that." I glare at him as I rub my ear dry.

"And that's why I do it," he says and grabs my hand. "Let's go, I have a promise to collect on."
-----------------

I reminence in the California sun as it beats down on my body. Jace and I went straight from the plane to the busy streets of California. We walk to the nearest clothing store while someone takes our suitcases to our hotel.

Jace doesn't let me out of his sight as I browse the large variety of swimsuits. I pick out a couple to try on, and I don't miss the few swim suits that Jace adds to the pile.

"I'm going to go try these on," I tell him when my hands are full.

The dressing rooms are practically empty, so Jace and I get to head straight in. Pulling open the curtains, I feel Jace's presence close behind me.

"What do you think your doing?" I ask, placing a hand on his chest to keep him from coming in.

His eyes zero in on my hand. "Watching you try on swimsuits."

"Uh ah." I push him back a little. "You're waiting out there," I tell him, pointing to the chair across from my dressing room, "I'll come out and show you when I get them on."

He pouts playfully, but I can see real disappointment in his features. He sits down on the chair dramatically; I roll my eyes and shut the curtain behind me.

The first swim suit I try on is a two piece. It's really colorful with its floral design, and I really like it, but it doesn't fit quite right.

Just as I'm about to take it off, I hear Jace say from behind the curtains, "I want to see every one or I'm coming in there with you," he threatens.