Chapter 67

"I'll get home a little later than you will, so take your car to work," Jace tells me as he rinses off his breakfast plate.

"Another busy day in the Oval Office?" I tease and take another bite out of my blueberry pancake, made by Jace of course.

He rubs his hand over his slightly scruffy jaw. "Something like that," he says in a low voice. His tone seems off and before I can question it he has his arms wrapped around me from behind; his hands squeeze my thighs, distracting me.

I drop my fork when one of Jace's hands slides underneath the waistband of my jeans. I can feel his smile when he discovers I'm not wearing any underwear.

"Just making sure you listened," he whispers in my ear and teases me a little before pulling his hand out. "I've got to go, I'm already late and I have a meeting this morning." He smiles. "You should stop by later."

"At your office?"

He nods. "I just realized you've never been there before. It could be fun."

"Fun?"

Tilting my chin up and brushing his thumb across my bottom lip, he says, "Fun."

Oh.

"I'll be there when I get off work." He smirks letting go of my chin.

"I know," he says arrogantly, and before I can comment he gives me a swift kiss, leaving me speechless.

Jace leaves without another word, and as I'm picking back up my fork to finish the rest of my pancake, I'm thinking: what is this man doing to me?
------------------

I'm let off work early since business is pretty slow today. Usually I would be disappointed because that's less money for me, but I'm excited to see where Jace works and maybe have some fun in his...

God what am I saying? I'm not doing anything with him in his office. It's inappropriate and...

I try to think of some more reasons to not do it in his office, but I'm coming up blank.

It's inappropriate, I remind myself as I head out to my car.

I send Jace a quick text telling him I got off early and to text me the address.

Only seconds after I text him, he responds with the adress.

After a thirty minute drive to the city, I arrive in front of a building even bigger than where we live with the words Maddox Inc. across the top.

I'm a bit nervous as I walk inside the giant glass doors, and I'm taken away by just how modern and sleek the inside is.

I walk slowly, taking in the high celeings and important looking people as they go about their day.

When I get to the front desk, I realize I have no idea where Jace's office is, and I doubt they're just going to let me walk in.

"What can I help you with?" a pretty brunette asks from behind the counter. Irrational jealousy bubbles up inside of me, and I hope not all of his female staff are this pretty.

"Um.. I'm here to see Jace- I mean Mr. Maddox."

"Do you have an appointment?" she asks clicking away on the expensive looking laptop in front of her.

"Uh, no."

She gives me a friendly smile. "I'm sorry, Mr. Maddox doesn't see anyone without an appointment." 

Not knowing what to do, I just say, "Can you tell him Jasmine-"

"Jasmine Adams?"

I nod.