Chapter 11

The chicken alfredo arrives and Asher was right; it's amazing. I'd goes as far as to say it's the best I've ever had.

    "Mmm."

    "It's good isn't it?" He takes my head bob and my mouth stuffed full of food as a yes. "I told you."

    After a few more bites, Asher asks, "When I take you home can I take a look around the apartment?"

    I swallow my food before replying, "Yeah and we can go over rent and some ground rules, but then your leaving: I have to get up early for work tomorrow."

    "Okay," he says nodding.

    We both finish eating, and Asher waves his hand at the waiter and signals for the check. She smiles and heads over before placing the check on the table. I reach for my purse to get my money out when Asher brings me to a halt as he says, "You don't have to pay, Jasmine. I've got it covered."

    I start to protest and he holds up a hand to cut me off. "It's fine, I can afford it, plus your'e giving me a place to live, so I'll pay for it."

    I hate people spending money on me, but I let this one go because I am letting stay with me and he owes me big time for that.

    He grabs the check and places one twenty and one ten inside. I grab my purse, and we slide out of the booth and head out into the cold night. We make our way quickly towards his car and I get hit by a couple of snowflakes on the way there; it has started to snow. I hate the snow.

    He opens my door, once again, and I say a rushed thank you before hopping into the car to get out of the freezing cold. We don't say much on the way to my, soon to be our, apartment. He turns up the stereo and we listen to Eden in silence.
---------------------

    Because of the traffic, it takes us a good twenty minutes to get back. Once again, he parks illegally on the side of the road and I hop out. We make it into the apartment complex when I feel my purse buzzing. I pull out my phone to see I have a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number: Do you want to go out for drinks tonight?- J

"J" as in Jace? It has to be him, I don't know who else it would be. How'd he get my number?

I glance up at Asher and catch him looking at my phone. He quickly darts his eyes away.

I type a quick text to Jace.

Me: How'd you get my number? And I can't tonight.

No sooner then Asher and I get up the stairs, Jace texts back.

Jace: Why not?

I don't miss that he totally ignores my question.

Me: I'm busy at my apartment right now, and I have work tomorrow moring.

Jace: I'll make sure you're home by 10:30.

No matter how tempting it is to see Jace again I know I can't tonight. I have work tomorrow morning, and I don't want to show up hungover. Also Asher is here, and I haven't even shown him the apartment yet.