Chapter 19

I can't focus in any of my classes because all I can think about is Jace. And how he pisses me off.

At least Asher isn't in class today, so that saves me from having to talk about why he can't move in, but the clock is moving way too fast, and I know that right after this class Jace will be waiting just outside the front doors.

The teacher dismisses us ten minutes early, and I pick up my backpack and make my way quickly across the building in hopes that Jace won't be here yet, and I'll have to call a cab instead of riding with him.

My hope diminishes when I see his sleek black car pulled up right in front of the doors. I groan and walk slowly to the car trying to prolong the inevitable. I open the passenger door, and I'm thrown off guard when I'm met with a bright smile. I clumsily get into the car, and glance over at Jace who is eyeing me intently.

"Hi," I say when he keeps the car in parked.

"Hi," he says back, and I flinch when his hand reaches toward me, but he ignores it and places his hand on my thigh. My heart races, and I know I should push his hand away, but I feel oddly comforted with him touching me. He squeezes my thigh once before releasing me and putting the car in drive to pull out of the parking lot.

We sit in silence, as he drives the short distance to my apartment, and I take the time to admire his features. He's wearing a grey suit today instead of his usual black one, and his tie is loosened giving him a sexy rogue look. His features are relaxed and his hair is more styled today; it's kinda of pushed up more at the front.

"Don't stare," he snaps and I'm suprised by his cold voice but when I look at his lips I see a trace of a smile and I know he's only teasing.

I look away and try and keep my gaze fixed forward, when I see him pull into a rather secluded area in the back of the parking lot rather than his usual front row spot. I look at him in question, and my mouth opens to ask him what he's doing, but the words get stuck in my mouth as he reaches across to unbuckle my seat belt. He grabs my hips and has me straddling his waist just like yesterday. His hands wrap around my back and he pulls my body against his, quickly attaching his lips with mine. His hands roam wildly around my body, and when they start to slide up under my sweater and across my stomach, I remember the reason why were in this car together in the first place, and that I am still mad at him.

"We need to talk," I say against his lips, and when he makes no indication that he heard me I push against his chest putting a couple inches between us.

His hands snake around my waist and he pulls me back against him; his lips crashing down against mine. I groan and my hands twist in his hair. "No," I say as I reluctantly tugs his head back. His eyes meet mine. "We need to talk, Jace."

His light blue eyes turn a shade darker. "What do we have to talk about? I said he's not living with you, and that's that," he says with finalty.

I shake my head in disbelief. "You're unbelievable." I push his hands away, and he lets them drop to his sides.

I yank open the car door before climbing off of him, and getting out, slamming the door behind me. I've only made it a few steps when I hear the car door opening again and Jace yell, "Fuck. Wait Jasmine."

I ignore him and quicken my pace, but he easily catches up to me and wraps a hand around my wrist, stopping me in my tracks. "Don't touch me," I say, yanking my hand out of his grasp. He frowns and lets go, but follows closely behind as I walk to my apartment. I pull my key from my back pocket twisting the lock, and barge in. I swing the door closed, but Jace puts out his arm to keep it from closing. I hear his angry footsteps following behind me, and it makes me even more mad that he is angry. What does he even have to be angry about?