Chapter 38

I wake up to light kisses being pressed against my neck and across my collar bone. Stretching, my eyes blink open, and I smile when I see Jace laying half on top of me, his hair tickiling my face, but then last night rushes back and my smile turns into a frown.

Pushing against his shoulders, he stops peppering me with kisses and lifts his face up to look at me. "I'm sorry," he says pressing a light kiss to my lips. Dark circles are under his eyes, and I can tell he didn't get much sleep last night as did I. "I overreacted and-"

"You think?" I ask and his lips turn down into a frown.

"I know I overreacted, and I'm sorry for not trusting you," he says, caressing my cheek.

I can't help myself from leaning into his touch. "You should know I would never cheat on you. The day another man touches me is the day we're done for good." I would be a hypocrite if I cheated on him.

His eyes meet mine. "I know you wouldn't, but I still get jealous," he says and tangles a hand in my hair and moves my head to the side. His kisses on my neck start out soft, but soon turn heated.

"We're going to be late," he mumbles against my lips, his tongue coaxing its way in.

"Mmm," I protest when he tries pulling away. I wrap my legs around his waist and pull him closer. I want him now.

He turns his head to the side, so my lips kiss his cheek instead. He pulls back smirking, but he can't get far with my legs wrapped around him.

"I want to make you suffer for a little while," he says, and I whimper when he grabs my thighs and presses against me before removing my legs from around his waist. What does that even mean? He's not going to have sex with me? Fuck that.

Rolling off me, he stands up, and I turn onto my stomach, full on pouting.

"Get up, baby. We wouldn't want to be late," he says, grabbing jeans and t-shirt out of his drawer.

When I don't move, he slaps me on the butt, and I yelp before turning on my back to shoot him a scornful look.

"Get dressed," he says looking towards my suitcase that leans against his wall.

"Yes, sir," I say, rolling my eyes.

He just smiles and asks, "What do you want for breakfeast?"

I ponder it for a minute before saying, "I just want cereal."

"Okay, I'm gonna make myself an omlet while you get ready." And with that he turns around and walks out his door.

After taking a quick shower, I pull out a light pair of skinny jeans and a sweater from my suitcase. I apply a little bit of foundation and mascara before I look through my bag for a toothbrush. Shit. How did I forget a toothbrush?

I walk back into Jace's bathroom, and I find a single toothbrush in one of the drawers; it must be Jace's. I don't think he'll mind, so I grab it out and brush my teeth.

Making my way downstair, I can smell eggs, but when I walk into the kitchen neither eggs nor Jace are anywhere in sight.

I'm halfway through a bowl of frosted mini weats when Jace walks into the kitchen, bag in hand.

"Where were you?" I ask.

He runs a hand through his slightly styled hair before saying, "I had a business call."

"Oh."

"You almost ready?" he asks, coming up from behind me; his hands travel up my sweater.

"I know what you're doing," I groan out when his hands cup my breasts.