Chapter 15

There are five star restaurants and then there's this; the all glass building soars 1,000's of feet in the air. This is the biggest restaurant I have ever seen.

On the way in, Jace told me there is a dinning place downstairs and a club upstairs. He then looked at me with a lustful smile and said the club would be for a different time. I wonder what he meant by that.

He grabs my hand as we're escorted to a secluded table in the back. I try to pull away, but he only shoots my a glare and tightens his hold, not letting go until he's forced to as we both sit at opposite sides of the table. The hostess says our waiter will be with us in a moment and scampers off back to the front desk.

As we wait, I take my time to admire the place. It has very high raised ceilings and small chandlers hanging up over head. The tables and chairs are made out of a dark mahogany wood that contrast nicely with the light coloured walls. It's filled with mostly couples in fancy suits and dresses, but there are a few secluded parties.

A guy that can't be much older than Jace arrives at our table after a few short minutes. He's dressed in a nice vest with a white shirt underneath and a red bow tie.

Looking at Jace he asks, "What can I get you to drink, Sir?"

Jace rattles off some Italian wine that I haven't heard of and can't pronounce. The waiter quickly scribbles down his order on a notepad and turns his attention to me. "And for you Ma'am?"

I tell him I'll just take what Jace is having because when it comes to expensive alcohol I have no experience.

The waiter smiles at me and asks us what we would like to eat.

Jace hasn't even touched his menu, turning his full undivided attention solely on me. "Do you like steak? This place has the best in New York."

"Yeah, steaks good." I love myself a good steak, and I haven't had a lot since moving to New York.

"Perfect." Looking at the waiter he says, "We would like two steaks. One medium rare and one..." he trails off, looking at me.

"I'll have mine medium." I like my steak a little more done.

"We'll also have mash potatoes with gravy, aspergus, and steamed vegetables on the side." Jace says it with such certainty and no hesitation that the waiter looks flustered as he struggles to right it all down.

The waiter nods and grabs our menus, looking at me a beat too long. "That will be all," Jace snaps.

The waiter's face goes red before nodding. "Of course. Your food will be ready shortly." And with that he tucks away his pen and walks away quickly.

Jace looks slightly irratated as he runs a hand through his unruly hair. His sleeve rides up a little on his arm, allowing me to see the tattoo on his hand: the swirls.

"What does your tattoo mean?" I ask.

He glances down at it briefly before fixing his sleeve so it covers it again; why is he always trying to hide it?  "The tattoo? It means nothing. " I raise my eyebrows, go on...

He sighs. "I got it a long time ago; I was drunk out of mind and a tattoo on my arm seemed like a good idea at the time."

"Oh."