Chapter 43

The first hour is horrible as I sit a couple of rows behind Jace and can only see the back of unruly blond hair. I have tried to build up the courage to go and talk to him several times, but I just can't; I'm afraid of his reaction and the answer to the one question that keeps floating through my brain; what if he's done with me?

It isn't until I ask the flight attendent for another glass of wine do I find out Jace cut me off; the bastard actually cut me off. I march to the front of the jet, not actually mad that he cut me off, it's just an excuse so I can talk to him.

Jace is clicking away on his top of the line laptop when I approach him. His eyes bore into the screen, and he doesn't even look up as I say, "Why did you tell her not to give me another drink?" He doesn't respond, and it both infuriates me and makes my heart pang with guilt. "Answer me," I say harsher than I ment to.

His voice is almost bored as he replys, "Because you have had enough."

"Since when do you get to decide when I've had enough?" I ask, placing a hand on my hip and I take a step toward him.

"Since I realized you are an irrant child who doesn't know their limits on alcohol." He doesn't sound bored anymore, just really really pissed off, and I have to admit his words hurt, but there is some truth behind them.

My voice is much softer when I ask "And when did you realize this?"

"When you stuck your tongue down that guy's throat," he snaps, his eyes still focused on his computer.

"You're really going to throw that in my face? That was when we weren't even a thing, and when I thought we were both done with eachother."

He finally looks up at me, his eyes hopeful. "So we're a thing now?" he asks.

"I-I what?" I say caught off gaurd by his question.

He sets his computer aside and stands up. What is he doing? He only has to take one step until he's right in front of me and invading my space. I try moving backwards, but the back of my knees hit the chair behind me, and I end up falling back into the chair with my feet facing the aisle.

Jace hides his amusement and leans down until his hands rest on either side of thighs. "We're a thing?" he asks again.

He knows he isn't playing fair with him being this close. "Yes," I manage to say, but it's more of a question. He pushes a leg in between mine and gets even closer.

"So if we're a thing, doesn't that mean you're mine?" he asks, his voice low.

I answer without hesitation. "Yes, and you are mine," I say and the words feel so right coming out of my mouth. He is mine. I bring my hand up to cup the side of his face, and he leans into my touch for a split second before he grabs my hand and brings it back to my side.

His face changes drastically as he looks at me with cold eyes. "Then why did you tell me you're not mine then?" he asks.

"I-I don't know." Because you hurt me, and I wanted to hurt you back.

"Tell me, Jasmine. Fucking tell me," he practically yells and slams his fist down on the seat next to my leg.

"Jace, you're scaring me," I tell him even though I know he would never physically hurt me, I'm just afraid of what will come out of his mouth if he doesn't calm down.

He pushes back from me and runs two hands through his hair. His hands shake when he brings them to his side. I stand up, and I'm beyond shocked when he lets me wrap my arms around his waist.

I close my eyes and listen to his rapid heartbeat as I lay my head against his chest. After a few seconds, he tentatively wraps his arms around my back, and I've never felt more safe. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what I said yesterday; I didn't mean it, I just wanted to hurt you," I admit.