Chapter 26

I wake up to a dull throb in my back; my eyes blink open, and I panic for a split second when I see my surroundings, but I instantly relax when I realize I'm laying on top of Jace.

His eyes are already open, and he's looking straight at me. I smile shyly, and start to roll over onto my back to stretch, but Jace's hands are like vice wrapped around me.

"Don't lay on your back," he scolds, and I roll my eyes.

"I barely feel any pain, Jace. I'm fine," I tell him, and push against his chest, but all he does is puts both of his legs on top of each of mine, completely pinning me down.

"Ow," I say, wincing.

Jace instantly lets go of me. "Did I hurt you? Are you okay?" Jace says, panic laced in his voice.

Getting off his chest, I lay on my stomach next to him. I grin. "Just kidding."

His worried face turns to anger. His eyes narrow down at me. "Not funny." He shakes his head and looks away from me.

I say his name, but he just lays there, looking at anything besides me. I place a hand on his naked chest running my hand up and down; he doesn't even blink.

I sigh, and move back on top of him to stradle his lean waist. His eyes meet mine and he smiles. "Just kidding," he says, and it's my turn to be angry.

Hitting his chest playfully, I move to get off of him, but his hands are on my hips, holding me down. I narrow my eyes, but he seems less than threatened by my gaze.

Instead of fighting him, I try a differnt tactic and place my hands flat on his chest. I can feel his heartbeat get faster and faster, and I know he's affacted by my touch. His hands move from my hips, and one hand stays on my side and the other goes on top of his white t-shirt that I'm wearing and over my heart. I can feel my own heartbeat speed up, and he smirks when he finds I'm just as affected by his touch as he is to mine.

This position is strangely intimant, and I'm saved from it when his phone rings. His hands let go of me completly, but I stay sitting astride him, and move my hands lower, so they're resting against his stomach.

Stretching his arm, Jace grabs his phone off of the bedside table, and puts it to his ear.

"Yes?" he asks. I hear a male voice on the other end, but I can't hear what he's saying. "Perfect," Jace says and hangs up.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Let me see your back," he demands, completely ignoring my question. I don't even have time to protest before he lifts me off of him and places me on my stomache beside him. I see him move behind me, and his hand is gentle and warm as he lifts up my t-shirt.

His hand brushes across my ass, and I tense. I don't even have to look at him to know he's smirking.

After a breif hesitation his hand comes down on my back, and I feel the bandage being lift slowly enough that it doesn't hurt. I hear him suck in a breath like he did the night before.

"Well, it looks better than it did last night," he says, his cold tone suprising me. "Are you sure it doesn't hurt?" he asks, his voice suddenly much softer.

"No, Jace, it's just a bruise. I'm fine," I reasure him for probably the 100th time since last night.

"You better not be lying to me," he snaps, but I hear a deeper emotion behind his harsh tone.

"I'm not lying," I promise.

I hear a soft sound of relief and then his voice. "Let me get a new bandage. Don't move," he says and he's in the bathroom and back with another bandage in seconds. He places it on my lower back, and smooths it down lightly.

"Okay, ready go?" he says moving the t-shirt back down to cover me, and throwing away the used bandage in the waste basket.

"Go where?" I ask, turning onto my back, my eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"To teach you how to fight, or," he adds as he gets a load of my confused expression, "as you put it, I'm going to teach you some of my moves," he says raising his eyebrows at me suggestivly.

"What? No we are not. Your hand is still hurt," I say.

Looking almost angry, he opens his mouth to say something, but snaps it shut. He trys again. "Let's go," he say again and holds out his hand for me.

I ignore his hand and cross my arms. "No."

He cocks his head to the side as if debating what to do. He grabs me suddenly around the waist, and has me over his shoulder in seconds. "God dammit, Jace. Let me down," I yell as he carries me over to his dresser. I don't see what he grabs out, but he shuts the drawer and walks out of his room in only his boxers and me in his shirt.

"Jace," I whine, but he ignores me.

When he leads us to the stairs, that's when fear leaks in. "Jace, no," I say holding on to his back tightly, scared of just the thought of being carried down the stairs upside down.

He must hear the fright in my voice because I hear him sigh loudly, but he lets me down; his hand gripping just above my bruised wrist to keep me from running.

I grab his injured hand. "How do you expect to teach me anything if your hand is like this?" I ask him.

He rolls his eyes. "I'm not going to be throwing punches at you, Jasmine. I just want to show you the basics like how to swing a solid punch. For now, anyways," he adds.

I try and think of another excuse as to why we shouldn't go and one comes to mind as I notice what I'm wearing. "I don't even have clothes," I argue, waving my hands at my attire.

He looks me up and down and licks his lips. "I know, and that is why I had my driver pick up some clothes this morning from your apartment."

"What? How did you even get in? You don't have a key."

Running a hand through his messy hair he says, "I own the apartments you live in.." he says trailing off, as if him owning the building I live in gives him the right to just go in there whenever he pleases.

I pull my hand from his grasp and cross my arms over my chest. "And?" I say urging him to continue.

"Do you want me to spell it out for you?" he says sarcastically. Ugg. Why is this man so frustrating?

Instead of anwering, I make my way down the staircase.

"Where are you going," Jace demands, grabbing my arm as I reach the last step.

I spin around face him. "To kick your ass in boxing," I tell him. His anger turns into one of amusement, no scratch that, he looks delighted. "And stop grabbing my arm," I say to keep myself from smiling too.

I pull it out of his grasp, but he grabs my arm again as if to prove a point, and pulls my body against him. His lips crash down onto mine, and I resist him at first, refusing to kiss him back, but it only makes him more determined. His hands palm my ass through his thin t-shirt, pulling me hard against him and an involuntary groan escapes my mouth. I feel his smile against my lips as I allow his tongue access to my mouth. Taking complete control over the kiss and me, I can feel him getting hard under his boxers, and he pulls away.

His arms are around me and one of my hands is on his chest and the other is running through his hair. "Ready to get your ass kicked?" I ask, smirking up at me.

"Bring it on," he says letting go of me and he smacks my ass when I turn around. I turn my head over my shoulder to shoot him a glare, but his gaze is a little farther down.. I smile and sashay my hips and I hear a frustrated groan from behind me. This will be a piece of cake.
------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Did you like chapter 26? If you did, comment and vote and I will update again this weekend!