Chapter 27

"How do you expect me to learn anything when you're wearing that?" I ask Jace as my lustful eyes roam his body. He's wearing red and white basketball shorts that hit him just under the knee and give him a sexy-athletic look that I've never seen on him before. Not to mention his chest is completly bare, showing off lean muscles and the tattoos that litter his front and back.

"The same way I'm managing to function when seeing you in those pants," he responds.

I smirk glancing down at my tight fitting yoga pants. "Hey you picked this outfit out, not me."

His feet pad over to me from across the boxing ring, which happens to be in a gym a couple blocks away from where he lives. There are two sections: one is larger and is a public gym, while the other is Jace's private gym where only he has access to.

"Well they're some definite advantages to your outfit," he says, when his reaches me. Squeezing my butt, I smack his hand away, and he smiles, showing off a perfect set of teeth.

"Did we come here so I could kick your ass, or so you could grope mine?" I ask him, a small smile adorning my face.

"A little bit of the first one and a whole lot of the second one," he says.

I roll my eyes, and he grabs one of my wrapped hands suddenly and pulls me to him.

"If your back hurts even the smallest bit, tell me. Understand?"

I nod, and he grabs hold of my right hand and says, "Make a fist."

I do as he instructs, but he shakes his head. "You need to have your thumb on the outside of your hand or you will break it. That's rule one," he says, grabbing my hand and postioning my thumb so it curls around my bent fingers. "Rule number two is make sure your fist is tight, you don't want your punches to be sloppy." He squeezes my fist in one of his hands, so my fingers are pressed together tightly.

"Okay good," he says turning me around and placing one hand on my stomach and the other on the back of my left thigh, causing his body to be pressed up against the back of mine. I'm really starting to enjoy this.

Moving my left leg forward, and angling my hips he says, "What you want are short, hard jabs, and since you're small you'll want to use your body too so your hits are stronger."

With his hands wrapped around me, he grabs both of my arms and postions them at eye level, and he shows me the movements I'm supposed to make with my body and my arms. "Do you think you got it?" he asks stepping away from me.

"I think so," I tell him, not quite certain.

He moves to stand infront of me, and grabs one of those things that trainers use that let boxers hit their hands without it hurting them, and straps it on his right hand. "Okay, then hit me," he commands.

My body leaves it's fighting postion. "What?"

"Hit. Me," Jaces says again, this time slower.

"I know what you said, but I'm not going to hit you."

"Don't you trust me?" he asks.

I nod my head yes, and I don't know which suprises me more, the fact that he asked that question or that I answered without hesitation.

He seems happy at my response. "Good, then take a swing at me."

I hesitate a few seconds but do what he says and move my feet and hands into postion like he showed me earlier and take a swing at his chest.

His hand comes up and it's like he's batting away a fly, and that fly happens to my hand. He tries to hide his smile; I flip him off, but he pretends like he doesn't see it. "Try again, but this time use your entire body and don't be afraid to swing harder," he says.