Chapter 12

I flinch back from his intense glare and his face softens imensly, but he still looks angry as his gaze makes it's way from my bare feet, up my leggings, to my skirt, past my top, and all the way up to meet my eyes. We both stand there, looking at each other, not saying a word.

    I break the silence. "What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper/yell, not wanting to wake up everyone on this floor. "And how did you find my room?"

    Jace opens his mouth to answer, but snaps it shut with and audible click when Asher appears behind me in the doorway. "Who is at the do-?" He stops talking when he sees Jace; he's back to looking as pissed as ever, but this time his anger is not directed at me. "Oh."

    "What's he doing here?" Asher asks me.

    Jace answers for me. "I'm here to see Jasmine." He steps forward to make his way in, and I stop him by putting my hand against his chest. I can feel his strong heartbeat underneath my hand, and his minty breath washes over my face. I blush and quickly remove my hand. Jace looks down at me with hooded eyes and a lazy smirk takes over his features. I take a step back to get some much needed distance between us. I glance back at Asher, who's standing awkwardly in the door frame.

    "Can you give us a minute?" I ask him.

    He glances between Jace and I, slowly nods his head, and turns around to head back inside. I close the door quietly behind him.

When I turn back around to confront Jace, he is right there, invading my space and every one of my senses. His cheeks are no longer red and lust has replaced his anger. He takes a step forward and I take a step back, my back hitting the door; he's acts like a predator the way he's caging me in, and I'm the prey. I try and move around him, so I'm not trapped between him and door, but he's not having it and puts both of arms on either side of my head.

He's as close as possible without actually touching me. He leans in, and I think he's going to kiss me but his head goes down to my neck instead and inhales deeply. "Amazing," he whispers, his curly locks tickling my face.

My heart is pounding rapidly. I take a deep breath and remember that I'm pissed at him for coming here. "What are you doing here, Jace?"

He moves his head away from my neck and meets my gaze. "Like I told Asher, I came to see you."

"Well, I told you not to come. And how did you find my room anyway?" I ask with knit eyebrows. There's no way he came over here and found my room in all of fifteen minutes.

"Why is Asher here?" he asks completely ignoring my question.

"No. I asked you a question first, answer it and I'll answer yours."

His eyes narrow down at me and I glare straight back, not backing down. Once he realizes I'm not going to say anything he sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "I found your room because I own these apartments. Now answer my question, why is Asher here?"

What? He owns these apartments? What the hell?

"You own this place?" I ask in disbeleif.

"Yes, now I'm not going to ask you again, why is Asher here?"

His tone makes me want to be child and not answer, but seeing how pissed he looks makes me reconsider.

"He took me on a date and-" I'm cut off when the door against my back is no longer there. I start to fall backwards, but Jace's hand shoots out and snakes its way around my waist, catching me.