Chapter 8

What the hell is Jace doing here again and why is he talking to Asher? Do they know each other or something?

I stay rooted in my spot a few meters away from Jace and Asher who look like they are having a heated discussion about something. They're not yelling but I can see that Asher's eyes are narrowed and his face is red while Jace is standing rigid and running a hand through his unruly hair.

Asher throws his hands up looking exasperated and his eyes meet mine over Jace's shoulder. He instantly relaxes and smiles his care free smile and waves me over. Jace notices and slowly turns around to face me; his face is expressionless. I hesitantly make my way over to them.

I stop a good couple of feet away and Jace's eyes rake my body from head to toe until stopping to look me in the eyes. I can't stand the intensity of his stare so I quickly look down to his suite and I blush seeing just how good he looks in it.

"Jasmine," Jace greets me.

I look away from his body and look at his lips instead. "Jace."

I look from him to Asher who looks rather uncomfortable standing next to Jace.

No one says anything for a couple seconds, so I break the awkward silence by saying, "So did you find the book, Asher?"

"Uh.. the book? No, I didn't. I was.. interrupted." A small smile forms on his lips as he walks away from Jace and towards me. He places his hand casually on my shoulder and says, "You look over there," he says pointing to the left side of the book shelf and then pointing to the right he says, "And I'll look over here." I glance over to where Jace is standing and his eyes are narrowed at where Asher's hand rest on my shoulder.

"Okay, and I don't know the Author's name so we're just going to have to check this whole bookshelf so look good."

Asher flashes me a smile and gives my shoulder a small squeeze before releasing me. "I will."

I walk towards the left and start scanning the shelf for the book. After a few seconds of searching, I'm startled by Jace's voice from behind me, "What's the book called? I'll help you look."

    I turn to face him and can't help, once again, admire how good he looks. From his suite all the way up to his hair is utter perfection. Not just his looks drawl in my attention, it's the way he carries himself. He radiates power in ways that I can't describe, and his chiseled jaw line, soft full lips, and intense blue eyes definitely help. Looking up at his lips reminds me how soft and warm they were when he kissed me. Why did he kiss me? I haven't seen him since the club and I haven't been able to think of anything else besides his lips on mine.

    I tear my eyes away from his tempting lips and move them to meet his. "Uh... I think it's called, some number, Laws of Marketing or something like that."

"The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing?"

"Yeah, that's it. Have you read it or something?"

He rubs his hand over his chin as if thoughtful. "No, but i've met one of the Authors of the book."

He has? I don't know what to say so I plainly state, "Ohh."

He nods and runs a hand through his hair and walks a little ways away to start looking. As we're searching my thoughts start to circle around Jace. He's such a mystery. He owns a very top of the line club, he likes literature, he has tattoo, he kissed me, and he's met one of the author's of the book.  The question I keep asking myself is who is this guy?

I'm pulled out of my thought when Jace says, "Over here, I found it."

Asher and I both walk towards Jace as he reaches up two grab to copies of the book. He quickly hands Asher a copy but keeps mine is his hands. Is he going to give it to me?

I start to reach out for it when Asher stands beside me with a smile on his face and throws an arm around my shoulder. What the hell is he doing?

"So, Jasmine, after you're done working do you want to talk about what we're going to do for our date?" Is he serious? I glance up at his face to see if he's joking, but he's not looking at me, he's looking at Jace with a smug grin on his face. I look at Jace and his eyes meet mine, his face giving nothing away.

"No, we're not going to talk about it after I'm done working. I'm going home when I'm done working. You should go Asher. We can talk about it later." I shrug off his arm around me and reach forward to grab the book out of Jace's hand so I can get back to work. Jace is about to hand me the book when he pulls his hand back slightly. "Since I found this book for you could help me find the book I came here for. I can't find it anywhere."

"Yeah, sure what genre is it?"

"Literature." Of course it is.

"Okay let's head over to the literature section and I can help you find it."

"Lead the way," he says gesturing with his arm for me to go first.

I tell Asher bye and make my way over with Jace following directly behind me.

"So what's the book called," I ask him once we get there.

His eyes go to my lips and then back to my eyes and back to my lips again. He runs a hand through his blonde hair and looks both ways before grabbing my arm. "Come with me real quick. I need to do something."

I can only nod before he's leading me away from the books and towards the front of the store. He walks fast with his long legs so I have to practically speed walk to keep up with him. With his confident strides and powerful era he doesn't have to move around people, people move around him so it doesn't take long until we reach the front of the store. Where are we going? And what does he need to do?

We arrive in front of the employees only bathroom when Jace swings his head back and forth to see if anyone's watching. Satisfied he pushes open the bathroom door and pulls me in after him with his hand still holding my arm.

The bathrooms here are really nice, especially the employees only bathroom. There is only one toilet and a huge mirror opposite of it.

Jace releases my arm and locks the door. What the hell?

His eyes go to my lips as I start talking quickly, fear in my voice. "What are you doing? And why did you loc-" I'm interrupted by Jace pulling my petty body against his tall, muscular one. His fingers dig into my hips and his soft, pink lips crash down hard against my own.
------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTE: What did you guys think of Chapter 8? Plz comment and vote if you liked it. I hope to update again on Wednesday but if not then I will update on Thursday. Thank you for 600+ reads it means a lot. Pleasee vote if you think I should keep updating, thanks!