Chapter 29

I've been laying in my bed for a good ten before Jace comes storming in. His fingers are clenched in tight fists, and his eyes are narrowed. "I thought I told you to wait in the bathroom."

"I did wait," I start to say and Jace runs an angry hand through his now dry hair, "I waited for ten minutes," I snap, my blood rushes as my anger kicks in; it feels good to be angry.

He looks at the clock on my nightstand as if making sure what I said was true; his fists unclench a little. "It doesn't matter, Jasmine- Sit up and look at me," he yells suddenly when he sees me picking at my nail polish, bored.

I roll my eyes, and lift my head up an inch. I meet his gaze with stubborn eyes. "Happy?" I ask, sarcastically.

He ignores my question and continues what he was saying earlier. "I don't want you walking around in just a towl when Asher is here, do you understand?" he asks, but it's not really a question, it's a demand.

"I'm not yours," I mutter.

"What did you say?" Jace asks, his voice scary quiet.

"I said," I tell him, sitting up all the way, so my back rests against my headboard, "I'm not yours," I say louder this time, looking him directly in the eyes.

Emotions pass over his face so quickly it's almost dizzying. At first he looks confused and then maybe a little hurt, and then he looks furious. I flinch back, and his gaze softens less than a fraction.

"You are mine," he says simpily, his voice soft.

I shake my head, and look away from him, unable to meet his gaze anymore.

A couple long strides and he lumes in front of me. He grabs my chin roughly between his thumb and index finger and turns my head, forcing me to look at him.

"You. Are. Mine," he says slowly, pausing between each word. "You were mine since the day you ran into me at the book store," he says, his voice soft, and brushes his thumb across my lower lip.

I start to lean into his touch. No. I can't do this. I can't do this you're mine shit. I've been down that road before, and I promised myself a long time ago I would never let a man claim me as his again, like I'm his property or something.

I push his hand away, and Jace's jaw clenches. "I need you to get this through your head, okay?" He doesn't move. "I am not yours, and you are not mine."

I expect him to lash out in anger, but instead he laughs. He actually laughs.

Turning around, he begins to pace my bedroom floor, running his hand through his hair every couple of seconds. Abruptly he turns to face me, all humor gone, his face devoid of emotion. "Are you fucking, Asher?" he asks, his voice calm.

I search his face for any signs that he's joking and when I find not even a trace, it feels as if I just got kicked in the stomach.

"Get out," I say, my voice barely above a whisper.

He ignore me. "Well is that the reason? Because you've been fucking your prick of a roommate?"

"Jace, stop." Please just stop talking.

"That's it. That's the reason, isn't it?"
I don't say anything in fear I will start crying. "I should've known you were just using me." I use him? If anything we're using eachother. "You're just like the rest of them- you're nothing more than a manipulative bitch-"

My face contorts into hurt, and as much as I don't want him to see me cry, I can't help the few tears that escape; I've never seen him act this way.

I wipe them hastily away, and it's as if he is just realizing what he said. "Hey," he says, reaching out to me.

"Don't fucking touch me," I say slapping his hand away.

His face falls. "You know I didn't mean that," he says quickly, his eyes pleading for me to believe him. But I don't care if he didn't mean it, he still said it.

"Leave."

"But-" he starts to say.

"I said leave!" I yell at him and push hard against his chest.

He staggers back a step, his eyes look pained for a split second, but then a switch snaps inside of him; his face turns cold. "Fine," he snarls, and leaves out my bedroom door, slamming it shut behind him.

Once he's gone, I wipe away the stray tears, and the last thing I hear is the front door slamming closed too.

Good.
-----------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: What did you guys think? Comment and vote and I'll update soon!