Chapter 30

"Go away," I groan, my words disfigured because of the pillow blocking my mouth.

I hear another knock and my bedroom door creeks open. I turn my head to the side and catch a glimpse of brown hair. Asher.

"I said go away, not come in."

Asher smiles. "All I heard was a groan, so I took that as come in."

I shoot him a glare and he holds his hands up in mock defense. "I'm sorry, but this girl named... Angie is at the door."

Angie? "Angela?" I question.

Asher nods his head. "Yeah, do you know her?"

"She's my best friend, but just tell her I'm not here."

"Fine, but first tell me why you haven't left your bed since yesterday."

I shake my head. "None of your business."

"Was it Jace?" He asks, and I visibley flinch at his name.

I dodge his question. "Tell Angela I'm not here."

When I don't hear retreating footsteps
I shoot him a what-are-you-still-doing-in-my-room look?

"You're too good for him you know," Asher says quietly.

I laugh without humor. I'm no better than he is. "Thanks, but we're done, so I don't have to worry about that."

"You guys are done?"

"Yes," I say, only hesitating for a split second, but Asher catches it.

"Why do I find that hard to believe?"

"Because it's true," I tell him.

A couple of seconds pass by in silence before he says, "How can you guys be done? I thought you weren't even a thing?"

"We weren't a thing."

"Then-?"

"I don't know Asher, now please tell Angela I'm not here."

"Okay, okay," he says and shuts my door quietly behind me.

Not even a minute later I hear Angela's voice. "I know she's in here. Move out of my way."

"She's not-" I hear Asher say.

"Jasmine?" She yells.

I keep quiet. "I'm coming in," she says and I know Asher won't be able to stop her. Once she wants something, she will do whatever it takes to get it. I like that about her, but right now I wish she would just leave me alone.

"She's not here," Asher says again, but I hear his voice getting closer to me. Dammit.

"I'll see for myself. Jas-" she stops mid-sentence when she opens my door and sees my laying on my bed.

"What are you doing? It's almost six, are you sick, and why is it so dark in here?" she asks opening up my blinds.

Light spills into my bedroom, and I blink multiple times to adjust my vision.

"I was sleeping, and no I'm not sick."

She puts her hand on her hip and studies me. "Who's the guy?"

"What are you talking about?" I ask, faking innocence.

She tilts her head to side and gives me a look. "Oh come on. Don't play dumb with me. I know it's a guy. What's his name?" she asks, smiling, and takes a seat on my bed.