Chapter 28

"I'm going to take a shower," I tell Jace as we enter my apartment. He nods, and I see him glance over to where Asher is sitting. He is hunched over at the kitchen counter, his fingers flying over the keyboard.

"Hey, Asher," I greet, and I get a grunt in reply; I smile. He told me yesterday that he had a 15 page paper due Monday, and it looks like he just started today.

Walking into my bathroom, I shut the door behind me before I peel off my clothes from my sweaty body and throw them carelessly on the floor.

I close my eyes as the scolding water hits my back, and as I turn around to grab my shampoo, a hand touches my hip. I jump, causing the shampoo to slip from my hand and hit the bathtub floor with a thud.

"Jace, what are you doing!?" I yell as he slips in behind me. This is the second time now where he has scared the shit out of me while being in the shower; he needs to learn how to knock.

"I'm taking a shower," he says, innocently.

I'm about to yell at him to get out when I see the water dripping down his naked chest and I watch as it goes lower.. and lower down his body. Maybe he can stay?

"Well if you're going to keep coming into my shower, the least you could do is knock," I scold him.

"I'm sorry," Jace says, meeting my eyes and touching my cheeck lightly, and just like that he's forgiven.

I grab his hand from my cheeck and examine his nuckles. They're looking a lot better, but he shouldn't have unwraped his hand. "You should wrap them back up," I tell him.

His hand jerks out of my grasp. "I'll be fine," he says, sounding angry, but before I can read his face, he grabs my hips and turns me around to face the water. He's so moody.

Hearing a clicking noise, I turn my head to see what he's doing, but I stop when I feel Jace's hands in my hair, massaging my scalp.

With a quiet moan, I lean my back against Jace's chest as his hands work his magic on my head. "Do you like that?" he asks from behind me, and I groan softly in response.

"Turn," he commands, and I do as he says and turn until I face him.

He runs his soapy hands under the water behind us, and his hand comes up and brushes gently across my parted lips. He looks at me for a few seconds before he blurts out, "You're so beautiful, you know that don't you?" he asks, his eyes searching mine as if the answer will suddenly pop up in the white's of my eye.

I look away from his intense gaze, and I feel my face getting heated at his words.

"Hey," he says, grabbing my chin, forcing me to look at him. "You. Are. Beautiful," he says slowly as if he's trying to engrave those words into my skull. I don't look away from him this time, but I don't respond either.

Jace scans my face for a few more seconds before he tips my head back into the water and scrubs my hair to remove the suds. Once he's done rinsing my hair, he repeats the process with conditioner.

He finishes to quickly for my liking and grabs the pink bottle of body wash. "Turn," he commands again, and pulls my back against his chest.

Lathering the body wash in his hands, he works his way from my neck all the way down to my legs, massaging and kneading as he goes.

He works out all the kninks in my back and shoulders, and when his hands move down from my collarbone to my breast, he rubs those too, casuing me to groan. "You should think of changing your proffesion to masseur," I tell him as his hands work their way down my stomach.