True Feelings: Forgive Me

Karasuma-sensei woke in a white room on a bed. He assumed that he was in a hospital because he could feel the bandages all over his body. He lay still on the bed and tried to assess the damage. Two maybe three broken ribs, bruised abdomen, concussion, and possibly a collapsed lung. Karasuma-sensei remembered what had happened, K had stopped their fight, but Itona rushed him when he wasn't paying attention, he couldn't remember what happened after that. I was probably unconscious, he thought to himself. Then he saw a boy with cherry red hair walk in.

"Ah, you're awake."

"I...know you..."

"...I'm Gakushuu Asano, principal Asano's son."

"...Now I remember."

"I was surprised when little missy came running up to me, begging for help...she seemed really worried about you."

"...Sera..."

"She went home already. By the way, your name is Karasuma too right? Are you her uncle or something?"

"That's none of your business..."

"She said the same exact thing to me the other day, you two must be related."

Asano just continued the conversation, he didn't seem to care whether Karasuma-sensei was paying attention or not.

"Tadaomi..."

Karasuma-sensei looked to the door and saw K carrying a plastic bag. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked away. Her face was now hidden by her hair.

"Se-"

"These are for you. You seem fine now, so I'm gonna go."

She placed the bag on the floor and turned to leave, but she was stopped by a hand.

"Leavin already missy? You just got here."

"Leave me alone Asano..."

K didn't turn around, but they could both hear her sniffling and holding back tears.

"Sera..."

"Don't call me that..."

"Sera, please turn around..."

"I told you to stop calling me that!"

K turned around with bright red eyes, tears dripping down her face, and her arms and shoulders were shaking.

"I wasn't worried about you! I don't care about you! Don't think that I want you back in my life!"

"...am I missing something here missy?"

"Yeah, you are Asano..."

K walked out of the room. Karasuma-sensei sat for a few seconds in shock, then he jumped out of his bed.

"Sera!"

He chased after her, despite his pain, despite his injuries, he was determined to get to her. He finally caught up to her when she was running down the stairs of the hospital. He put both hands on her shoulders and stopped her, he held her firmly to make sure she couldn't get away.

"Sera..."

"Let me go Tadaomi!"

"When will you forgive me?"

"Never! You tried to kill me!"

"I was trying to prevent that thing from hurting you!"

"He's not a thing! His name is Itona!"

"Sera! Wake up! He's just another government experiment that-"

Karasuma sensei's knees buckled under his weight and he fell to the ground. The pain from his injuries made home dizzy, he could feel his consciousness slipping.

"Tadaomi? Tadaomi! Tadaomi!"