Sounds Like A Snake: Challenge

K woke up on a bed. She couldn't really remember what happened at first.

"...where am I?"

"You're in the infirmary."

She heard a cold voice call out to her. She looked toward the entrance of the room, and there was principal Asano standing creepily near the doorway.

"Great. First the boy, now his father. What do you want?"

K sighed and leaned back in her bed.

"What makes you think I want something?"

"You never do something without wanting something in return...your son is exactly the same."

"...heh, you're right. I do want something. I want you to kill the octopus and get rid of him for good."

"What do you think class-E has been doing..."

"I think that they're too close to their teacher. They no longer see him as a monster. Although most of them won't admit it, they like having him around."

"So?"

"So I want you to do your job, miss assassin. Kill your target."

K turned away and acted disinterested.

"He's not my target, he never has been."

"Fine, if you don't do what I ask...then I'll destroy everyone around you, starting with Karma Akabane."

K looked at principal Asano but her expression remained unchanged. She stared at him curiously while he stared back with expectant eyes.

"What makes you think I'll do it?"

"Because you don't want anyone else to get hurt...which is why you push everyone away. To prevent them from getting close."

"..."

"Tell me, miss assassin, do we have a deal?"

"No..."

"...no?"

"I don't care how much you threaten me...the octopus is class-E's target. Not mine."

K sat up in her bed and attempted to leave. Principal Asano stretched his arm across the doorway to prevent K from leaving. K stopped at the entrance and glared at the taller man.

"You will do what I ask."

"Heh, I'm a trained assassin at the age of 15. Don't test me."