Prologue

Klutz - a clumsy, awkward or foolish person

---/

OAK

When you're a klutz, you don't always end up being loved by all. Most times it's the complete opposite. Because the world doesn't appreciate mistakes. You have to be perfect to fit in.

And you have to fit in.

It's not by choice that you want to fit in. You just have to want to. If that even made sense. But it did. It did because the world believed it did. Everyone knew that you couldn't be that shy and defenseless person you were when you were younger. You had to force yourself into maturity then maybe, maybe maturity would accept you.

But it didn't except me.

I was still short, lanky, baby faced, shy and a klutz. And like all other klutzes the world didn't accept me.

Did it help that my hair was untamable and had the color of fall leaves?

That my eyes were bright and golden?

That my skin made me look ghostly and frail?

And that my last name was 'Dickens'?

No.

It worsened everything. It worsened and prevented any chance I had of being accepted. No one wanted to talk to the crazy red headed girl that managed to mess up everything she touched.

But then again, maybe that crazy red head girl didn't want to be talked to.

I honestly didn't. I could've managed being unaccepted for the entire school year. But then there was my senior year.

And then I met him.

Sure in most teen frictions and movies, the main character slams up into the guy and her things scatter everywhere and he helped her then maybe added a pick up line or two. But that didn't happen. It.....it was different.

He was different.

He wasn't a klutz like everybody else. And he wasn't popular because if he was popular then that would infer that he had many friend. So he wasn't popular. He was well known. Not knowing him was like missing an eclipse and hearing people talk about it for weeks. Because he was that different.

He was that interesting.

And you might be wondering how we met.

So I'll tell you

{XD}