Chapter forty-Two

L U C K Y

It had almost been half an hour and Oakley had not moved from her previous position in the bathroom. She hadn't uttered a word nor did she direct any of her thoughts to me; instead her mind had somehow morphed to the state of a disturbed bees hive and I blocked her off immediately. The weights of her thoughts made me lightheaded but her sudden numbness was what grounded me; made me know I had to be conscious in case her reaction would be harmful. With all her thoughts muted, all I could hear was the slightly abnormal slow pattern of her heart beats in her hollow chest. My own chest felt tight with panic and finally I found myself getting up and within a few seconds I had my hand wrapped around the knob. As soon as I was about to open the door I felt her presence move closer towards me and a clicking sound resounded throughout the room. She locked the door and I could hear her let out a shaky exhale and the electricity I felt whenever she was close became dull as she moved away from the other side of the door. "Oakley." I called out once I heard her breathing rate increasing and my heart shuddered. "Open the door Oakley. Let me talk to you" I tried and felt blood draining from my face when I heard her wheezes.

Without reluctance I shoved the door open and stooped down immediately to where her naked body had been huddled and she leant her head on the wall. Fresh blood slid down her shaking skinny pale fingers and her body shuddered violently as trails of tears stained her cheeks."Look at me" I ordered holding her face between my palms and shakily she let out a whimper as my energy moved like magnetic waves towards her until she calmed down. Her golden eyes found me then they flickered away as she bit into her lip to suppress her screams then she fed herself with her nails.Her pupils dilated and retracted within each second while her hands moved to the back of her head, squeezing her skull with the pressure it inflicted on her. 'Oakley' I tried to call quietly but I only ended up thinking it. Her shudders became more frantic as she jolted back and she whispered in a plead "Get out my head". Dejectedly, I tried to pry away her hands as I tilted my head to look at her. "I didn't mean to enlighten you with this right now but you'd find out either way. The forest? The swellings? The fight with me and Jason? My thoughts. It was all in front of you-" "You drugged me" she whimpered cutting me off as she tried to shake off my hands but I held both of them by her wrists in front of her so that she wouldn't rip away any of her hair.

"Oakley I didn't drug you-" I had began to explain but with a shrill scream that she had released, my heart shuddered in both shock and embarrassment."You drugged me you sick fuck!"she screamed as she began to tug away her hands and fight against me. "Oakley-" "You drugged me! You delusional assholes-" "Listen to m-" "You set me up! You and Jason and the lot of you! You drugged me and super glued the stupid things to my back that won't come off and then you slept with me!"she continued to scream as she kicked me and flailed wildly underneath me. I stared in her in utter amazement and annoyance as I clenched my jaws. "I didn't-" "I hate you all. But I hate you the most. I hate you! I hate you!" She sobbed, her flails now clumsier and sloppy and even though they were all simple assumptions, her words had somehow managed to light a flame inside me and I kneeled over her legs. Taking my hand to silence her wails by squeezing her jaws together, I gritted my teeth and tilted up her face so that she could look at me. Her eyes wild fiery gold and livid as she tried to move captured hands and snap away her head from my hold.

" Now you listen to me and shut up. There's nothing delusional about reality because it is what it is. Your attempts to even promote such a mind set will remain futile. But you know what's delusional? The fact that you couldn't figure this all out on your own and you're blaming me with these fucking stupid assumptions that you cooked up. Do you hear yourself? Why would I 'rape' you, let alone sleep with you? Have you gone mad? Get this in your head Oakley dickens, if I needed to fuck you then I wouldn't need any hallucinogens or evil plot to get you under me. Pull your head out of your ass." I seethed as I shoved away her face and her hands while standing up. She looked up at me lips still agape then she flickered her eyes away in embarrassment; her mouth closed and I stared at her as her lips continued to tremble."I just had to save your ass from a massacre at a party you weren't supposed to be at and this is how you repay me. I have been reliving the gruesome deaths and scents have been revisiting me every second since. Due you know what it feels like to see a bunch of dumbasses that were alive and okay a few minutes ago laying around in a disarray of organs? To fight with some weird ass creatures I have never encountered in my life? Just to save a 'damsel in distress' you might say. Huh? Where the fuck is Jason now?! Your knight in shining armor right?! Right?! Where the fuck is he now because ever since the attack I'm yet to see his pathetic ass visiting you! Where?!" I yelled through gritted teeth as I balled my fist together and she whimpered as she flinched further into the corner.

Half of me felt bad for shouting at her but the other half went livid knowing how much my words affected her. "Everyday you both prance around like fucking goats or some shit yet when you needed him most he wasn't there.He failed you. You were alone pathetically helpless but you still have him in your heart. Am I not right?" I scoffed and chuckled as she buried her face in her hands and curled up. I went in front of her and stooped at her level as I pulled away her face from her hands. "You can't disappear here. You know it's true so don't try to cry it away. You'll only deceive yourself." I continued then held her chin and tilted her face to me. "If it was up to him you would've died" I stated frankly as I watched her training her eyes to the side so that she wouldn't look at me with her tear stained face. "Lucky for you... it's not. It's up to me because you're my priority and I'm you're savior. I intervened and you're here meanwhile my girlfriend is not. So the next time you wanna talk shit about me just remember that you were destined to be a pile of broken bones and injured organs but you're not all because of me. Go get dressed and we'll talk about this when you're mature enough to handle it.

A/N:Damn. This is a bit abusive ig and whatever lol. Also a shitty chap so sorry guys.