Chapter Thirteen

O A K

"Oakley. Sit up" I heard Mr. Dally said sternly and I sighed as I tried to sit up but my back was hurting me again. I could still feel the bloody coughs begging to surge up my throat. I tried to sit up as how he wanted me to but the pain in my back forced me back in my previous position - slumped over the table almost lamely. "Oakley" he called again in annoyance but I squeezed my eyes shut to ignore him.

Sure it looked like an act of defiance but my back felt like it was being ripping into different layers. I tried to focus my thoughts on the platinum haired boy that I was yet to put a name to. I reimagined every single feature of him and painted the image on my closed eyelids. I found myself observing him as if he was right with me. There were short clips of every little time I saw him and they streamed through my brain.

How he flipped his platinum hair casually almost in a constant interval of three minutes between each flip. How his crystal blue eyes would dilate ever so subtly when he listened to people and how they shifted unsettling on each person. How his lips rarely formed a smile- a proper smile that meant much more than him trying to be polite. How his sharp jaw line seemed like it could substitute a knife at any given time.

How his aroma seemed to flood the air every time he was within a ten meter proximity of someone? Or maybe it was just me. Just me who found him so unbelievably intoxicating and inhumanly perfect. Just me who dreamed about him every single night, that found it inevitable to relate every thought to him- only me who couldn't help but to shudder under his icy stare.

But that's what I wanted

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

But that's what I wanted. I wanted to be the only to be affected like that and the only one he would ever want to affect. But he has a girlfriend and he's too blind to my affection to realize!

I groaned as my body spasmed with a cough then I opened my eyes again. To my surprise Mr.Dally had been standing beside my desk and he had been tapping it impatiently. Though the long meter ruler didn't come down with a lot of force ; the noise seemed to loud. Too sharp and unexpected. I flinched with each sharp crackle of the ruler then when he was about to do it again I grabbed it.

After which I was captured in a thick field of tension and some of the other kids in the class snorted. "Do you need to take a trip to the principal's office?"Mr. Dally asked and I opened my eyes at the sound of his distant voice that echoed in my head. His figure seemed to have the same effect as his voice.

'Get out. Get out now'

I stumbled to my feet and avoided everyone's stares as I began to pack my bag."What do you think you're doing?"he asked and I looked at him in confusion. As if realizing what I was just about to do, I sat back down slumping in my seat. "I thought so"he mumbled as he looked at me pointedly then he went back to cheating. 'Freak' I heard someone mutter behind me earning a few snickers and I turned to look who it was.

The same girl that I saw sitting on his desk yesterday. Instinctively I growled below my breath at her then turned back around to try and swallow my coughs. What the hell was wrong with me? I was pretty sure I took my medicine today.

Is it losing its effect??

Am I losing my mind?