Chapter Eighteen

Soap - Melanie Martinez

L U C K Y

A bitter feeling took over my body as I drew on back my pants and stared at Emma's partially bare body that was slightly covered up by the thin sheet of my bed. "You're leaving me?"she asked in her nasally voice and I shuddered. The being inside me felt disgusted with what I had just done. "Yes. I'll be back soon" I said monotonously reaching for my shirt which she was handing me. "Don't get too caught up with what's happening downstairs. If you come back quick enough there might be a round two" she said in her sultry voice with a wink and I smirked at her. "Even if I don't come back early there'll be a round two."

A sudden surge of anxiety rushed through my veins and I wasn't quite fond of the fact that I wasn't the person generating the feeling. Without another word I ducked out of the room, closing the door behind me. With each step lower, the music became louder and the anxiety stronger than ever. But maybe it wasn't anxiety, more like a thrill of doing something for the first time.

When I was on ground level I realized that 80% of all the people that were still there were downright stoned. The other 20% had passed out on the furniture and on the ground. 'Where the hell is she' my wolf as what most would call it persisted and I growled in annoyance as the reeling anxiety lead me to a large cluster of people chanting numbers , a count down of some sort. Why would I look here? I barely know her but I do know that she's not one for crowds. I moved to turn around but soon my legs went numb underneath me as my wolf took over. 'What the hell are you doing?' I scowled internally as I unintentionally pushed away some of the people with too much force to go unnoticed. Lucky thing they were too stoned to realize.

'She's here' he grumbled and just as I was about to object, my eyes widened at the sight in front of me. Jason stood shirtless with her legs wrapped around his waist. Sure it sounds easy to visualize but it was a very awkward position.

{a/n: I could give u a really nice looking drawing but I'm too lazy lol

{a/n: I could give u a really nice looking drawing but I'm too lazy lol. So don't judge}

He held her body up horizontally by the waist and she also held up her body by gripping the armrest of a chair. My nose flared at the sight and I glanced at him in annoyance and anger when I noticed why she was in that position and why the people were chanting. Basically it was a challenge that was usually done by people who were used to drugs and all. Miller, one of the football players from my other sister's school, held a pipe at Oakley's mouth and she continued to suck in the deadly air from it without pulling away for oxygen. That's why they were counting.

"Jason what the hell!"I growled in anger as I grabbed the pipe from her lips. Jason's grin fell as he turned to look at me and a look of annoyance flashed behind his eyes. "Hey Lucky." He said cheekily with a smug grin as he pulled off Oakley and placed her on her feet. She coughed as she stared at me with her bloodshot red eyes and stuck out her tongue at me. The pulse in the side of my head throbbed with the rapid blood flow caused by her and stupid state she was in. The people seemed to ease away seeing that nothing interesting was taking place anymore. "Don't hey me. Look at her! Her mom gave you one chance to watch over her. Look at her you moron!" I roared and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"I got one chance. It will forever be your responsibility to watch her yet you're never around. You left her to sleep with.....whoever she was. Is that responsible to you?" He spat back at me and I snarled at the low shot. The alcohol was making him say too much about it publicly. "Not here" I grumbled below my breath and his irises began to lose their color as he breathed dryly.

"Why not here? She's here right now" he said with a chuckle of dark amusement and I grimaced. "I'm here. Hi Lucky. I'm glad you're here now" Oakley giggled drunkly as she latched her arms around me and I shuddered as I detached her arms. "Don't touch me Oakley." I mumbled as I tried my best not to come off too bitter with her and a look of hurt flashed behind her eyes. Soon the began to well up with tears and I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Then why do you let her touch you. That girl. You let her kiss you and straddle and God knows whatever else. What's the difference? Why do you hate me so much?" She asked through shaky breaths and I stared down at her pale frail body. "The difference is she's my girlfriend. That's what people in a relationship do. That's the difference. We're not in a freaking relationship and we never will so get that in your head" I growled a bit too harshly and she covered her mouth to suppress a gasp.

"Dude. What the hell? Why are you so heartless?" Jason spat as he pushed Oakley behind him to hide her sobbing figure from me and I took in a sharp breath. "Let go of her you imbecile." I seethed feeling an internal quake at the sound of her sobs and my wolf reeled with age inside me. "So what? So you can hurt her again? Make up your mind asshole. I'm taking her home" he muttered staring at me with his eyes that were now fading to a dark burgundy color.

"No. You're drunk. You'll probably kill her." "She'll suffer less that way then being rejected by you over and over again here." he grumbled immediately after I had spoken and I narrowed my eyes at him but the reality of it was true. I didn't want him to take her home but there was no way in hell I'd go anywhere alone with her. I don't trust myself that much.

"Unless you have another idea" he snorted and I looked up at him with a glare. He read my thoughts, that little..."You.....you're gonna suffer a miserable life"I snarled at him as I grabbed Oakley's hand from his and pulled her outside. To my surprise she didn't object. Maybe because she was to infatuated to care. That would be her own downfall.

She quietly opened the door to my back door and sat inside then closed the door without a word. I went into the driver's seat and reversed out of the parking lot to drive down the road that I have spent too many nights driving on unintentionally. The guilt fed on me as I constantly glanced at her through the glass. She stared out the window with faint whimpers of her sobbing frenzy from earlier. So her eyelids fell and her head bobbed limply on the window.

"I don't hate you Oakley. I'll just never love you"