Chapter Twenty-one

L U C K Y

"If we speak of the same person then I believe you're correct young Smith" he said staring at me with his bright almost golden eyes and I cringed away as he walked by me and Rose and flung her body into his arms. "I'm here Rose"he reassured with a chuckle and I watched as she squeezed him tightly and buried her face in his chest. "I missed you so much" she practically sobbed in his shoulder as she wrapped her legs around him and I stared at them in awe as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Michael the freaking archangel" I sputtered out and he rolled his eyes with a smile as he leant on the counter with the middle aged blonde woman in his arms. It took me a while to realize that he was no longer in the unrealistic glowing white robe he was in earlier.

Instead he was in a simple red and black long sleeved plaid shirt and light brown loafers.

"Lucky Blue Smith. Prince of the Northern clan of Pearl Wolves. We have our titles. Yet just dust." he said casually as he looked down at the woman in his arms lovingly. "No. You can't be real" I muttered in disbelief as I continued to gawk at him and he quirked his eyebrow daringly. "Why not? Aren't I right in front of you. All wings and all, entering in a shiny white robe, you even knew my name without anyone telling you." he listed effortlessly with a light chuckle as he raked his hands through Rose's hair and brushed his fingers across her back. "But. It's impossible" I babbler on and he rolled his eyes as he stared at me. "And being a werewolf is not? I'm offended or maybe flattered? Honey what do you think?" he asked and his tone slightly altered to a more loving one as he looked down at the woman in his arms and I squinted my eyes at them.

"You should be flattered" she said with a wide smile but her eye were still glued close as she nestled herself into his chest. "Honey"I sputtered and her eyes slowly opened as she glanced to me with a blush caressing her cheeks. Her green eyes were lit with life I'd never seen before. She was happy. "Mate" she hummed quietly and my jaws feel as I stared at the two in front of me. "What the f-" "Don't even think about it" Michael said cutting me off jokingly but I was yet to be amused. "Is that supposed to happen? Mortal and Immortal. Human and Angel? Is that even legal?" I asked firing question after question because I knew all the legislations and protocols of the mating process. And this was strictly forbidden by all immortal species with exception to no rank or kind.

"Says the man that sleeps around with high school girls" I heard him say indifferently and I narrowed my eyes at him in annoyance. "That is different. As far as I ,and anyone else , am concerned for that matter, I have broken no law" I spoke shakily as I tried to quench the sudden anger I fell towards him. "False. You refused to unite with your wolf, you spend a life entirely surrounded by human beings, you rejected your mate several time-" "Who are you to judge what I do!" I snarled already feeling my body jolt into a defensive stance and he briefly placed Rose to her feet as he approached me. "I'm her father. That's what I am and I'll judge whoever thinks they can walk into my daughter's life and harm."he spoke with an edge as he stared at me dead in the eye.

The eyes.

I wanted to spend more time to focus on his words about his relation to Oakley but if I did I'd lose the adrenaline of a fight I had already been picking. "You're sure doing a swell job. No one likes her." I laughed bitterly and he clenched his jaws as he narrowed his eyes at me. Something raw in the air warned me not to mess with him. I could just feel it. "Jason-" "Is no one and if you are who you say you are then you should know that he's up to no good" I seethed and a small smile twitched in his lips. "And you are?"he asked daringly again and I bared my teeth at him. "Don't aggravate me. Stay out of my life." I scoffed noticing how Rose's eyes had became nervous the ought our exchange. "Vice verse. I would tell you to stay out of my daughter's life as well but that's relatively the same as wishing you death and I would never stoop so low as to say something like that." He said smugly as he turned back to rose and lifted her up and immediately she wrapped her legs and arms around him.

"I missed you too darling." He finally answered back and that seemed to ease away the discomfort on Rose's face. I stared at them thoughtfully even though my veins pumped with anger towards him. How did such a bond come about. Especially with an archangel. There must be some rare condition. I wonder how Gabriel lives. I watched as Michael visibly flinched as he snapped his head to me and I stared back at him in confusion. A pained look had taken over his once smug features and it puzzled me. "As much as we are not very fond of each other. I would really appreciate if you didn't speak of anything you saw here to anyone. Not even Oakley herself. You are obviously right about Rose and I's relation but I can not discuss the matter any further today." he spoke quietly and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Don't question it. Just know that you and Oakley were never a mistake. That was a handpicked bond. This bond between and rose? Also handpicked. And a lot of people will be fighting to destroy this bonds. It might seem pleasurable in your favor but as much as you despise your mate, she's your lifeline. If she's dead then those nations you were going to inherit? The alpha role? Everything will be given to someone else because you will be dead. Got that in?"he continued to speak firmly and I stared at him with a grimace. Dread crawled up my spine like a bony dim antler hand and I shuddered. "I did. I'm leaving" I grunted in annoyance as I stared at him with slightly narrowed eyes and turned on my heel to leave.

"Okay. Have a good night. Honey. I think it's time to let Oakley live without the 'pills'. It's almost time" I heard him mutter before I leave and I stopped in my path as I glanced back to them. I shook off the bad feeling that had settled on my shoulders as soon as he entered the house. This isn't my business. I'll just drink and forget everything.