Chapter Eleven

O A K

"Well someone looks like shit today" I heard someone mumble once I walked into the class and a chorus of chuckles and giggles filled the air. I noticed a familiar pair of crystal blue eyes staring at me skeptically and I averted my gaze as I made my way to my seat. The words of who ever spoke didn't really affect me that day because I knew it was true. I didn't brush my tangled red hair and instead it was in a low ponytail.

I wore a large dark grey knitted sweater and navy green leggings. I didn't really mind he insult also because I knew the chatter would recover around me for only a few minutes. And it was true. In a matter of seconds someone brought up the topic about a party being held Friday night and then the class was buzzing with chatter.

Although I acted like I didn't want to see the platinum haired boy, I couldn't help the urge to look back at him. I didn't get a long enough glance to see what he was wearing and the expression on his face. Only his empty crystal blue stare  and his thin pink lips set in a frown.

Maybe one peek wouldn't hurt.

During their chatter that had soon become a class discussion I couldn't help but to glance back at the platinum haired boy that had crushed my heart the night before. In discreet actions, I craned my neck to look at him and my face fell as I watched what had been happening. A dark haired girl in a red tank top and white denim shorts sat on his desk and giggled at him as she combed her hand through his hair playfully.

His light blue eyes glanced up at her face ,which was hidden from me because of her position, and a lopsided grin tugged on his lips. I also noticed that one of his hands which was on the table was covered by her other hand. 'What the hell is he doing?'I thought bitterly to myself and immediately his light blue eyes glanced away from her to me.

A look of shock flashed over his features and I froze as I stared at him. His own stare had froze me in time so that I wasn't able to look away. The girl sitting in his table continued to talk then squeezed his hand when she noticed she had lost his attention. 'Good. Let it be that way' I thought to myself again then quite bitterly, I pried my eyes away from his intense stare.

Mr.Roden walked in fifteen minutes after class was initially supposed to begin and he apologized for his late arrival. Honestly I didn't give two shits about why he was in class. I just wanted to know who the hell was the girl on his desk.

- - -

At lunch while I was eating my salad, I heard the familiar shuffling and clanks of people and food trays as the platinum haired siblings and their friends occupied the empty spaces around my table. I kept my eyes on my food as they continued which ever conversation they were having before.

"Look. I'm telling you. If Braxton and Malia aren't together then I dunno dude. This whole term is a lie then" I heard Jason comment in exasperation as he shoved the straw into his cup. Discreetly he nudged me with his elbow under the table as a sign of greeting and I in turn nodded  to him. "Oh C'mon. What about Braxton and that cheerleader chick?" the other guy who I had failed to learn his name said and somebody else scoffed.

"Who Emma? Why would she even.... Why?" the brunette girl said and I glanced at her for a bit then went back to look at my salad which I was munching at. I hadn't really been eating, only eavesdropping on their conversation. "Well boys and girls. Last time I checked. Emma was dating my brother" Pyper said slowly in her naturally sultry voice and my fork seized in the air as I stared at the plate.

'What? Dating. He's dating someone? Who's Emma? When did this happen?'

My head began to flood with thoughts and unintentionally I began to squeeze the silverware fork I had take from home. My stomach began to churn uncomfortable and immediately a queasy feeling took over my body. "Lucky? You....and Emma?" I heard Jason ask and I could feel that some of them had glanced at me since they brought him up in the conversation.

"Yeah. We're dating. I'm dating her. She's dating me." he said casually then I looked up just in time to see his blue eyes linger on me. Then he said dryly with more emphasis :

"Emma is my girlfriend"

I averted my gaze as soon as I felt the stinging in my eyes.

And then I felt something else I hadn't felt in a very long time.

Rage