Chapter Fourteen

Oak

"Do you usually do this?" I heard Jason ask and I blinked rapidly as his blurry figure began slowly became more defined. "Hm?" I hummed quietly and he sighed as he pulled a chair beside me and sat down. It seemed that it was lunch and I still hadn't moved from my seat. He ran a hand through his thick curly hair and I watched him blankly. A feeling of discomfort swept over me at his presence but I pushed it away as I tried to suppress any groan of pain that would exit me.

"Aren't you going to eat lunch?" He asked and I closed my eyes as I shook my head jerkily. I opened back my eyes just in time to see his eyes avert to my neck then slowly reached his hand towards it. At the feeling of his soft unbelievably cold fingers on my skin I jerked away. A whimper escaped me at the sudden surge of my body and I grimaced as I clenched my fists. "Oakley-"

"It's just a flu. I-I'm just sick" I stuttered quickly through a croak as I moved my hands to my thighs and squeezed them. He narrowed his eyes at me skeptically and I chewed on my bottom lip as I averted my eyes from his light brown eyes (that seemed a little bit darker than usual at the moment). "Oh. Took any pills?" he asked quietly stroking my hair soothingly and I closed my eyes again.

His touch was soothing but too soothing . I couldn't complain though. It was only rarely that people willingly offered me comfort so I was grateful for the caring strokes he made from my scalp to the tips of my auburn hair."No" I answered in a wavering whisper and he hummed as he stroked my cheek delicately. "I hope you get better Oakley" he said with a gentle smile and I stared at him. His own light brown eyes captured my golden ones.

"You know. Everyone might think you're weird. But I actually think it's cute" he continued and I stared at him with a light blush as he smiled charmingly at me. My whole face felt hot with the compliment but I couldn't mirror his bright smile because I had still been grimacing to hide the pain I felt. "You're cute per se and I was wondering. Maybe...if you feel better. Would you like to accompany me to a party later on?" he continued with his charming yet soothing smile.

I wanted nothing but to do as he said, maybe even more. But his smile - though so charming and seemingly sincere - there was some hidden mischief behind all his words and it made a cold shudder sweep down my aching spine.

But then again I realized - this handsome and sweet guy was actually flirting with me. Although I was blinded by my infatuation with the platinum haired boy, I was not too blind to see that I was being offered a shot of happiness. His light brown eyes seemed to caress my lovingly ( in a way the beautiful crystal blue eyes of my crush would never be willing to).

The thought made me cringe inwardly and my eyes stung with the promise of tears. "I..." I began to trail off through a whimper and he pushed his hand under my hair to stroke my cheek that now seemed like a raw wound. My whole skin felt too sensitive and the feeling of his skin on mine made me shiver. "No. Come. Enjoy the night with me. I'm not a dick like the others. I'll protect you Oakley. If nothing comes out of this just think of a new experience to add to your memory" he answered quietly and I squeezed my eyes shut. My heart was beating too fast and it made me think things.

Made me think he was lying. Made me think he only wanted to take me away from my platinum haired beauty. Made me think he was nothing but danger. Made me think that he would actually hurt me. But he wouldn't. He seemed sincere.

He was sincere.

"Okay" I muttered after a staggering moment feeling almost light headed from the rate of my heartbeat then weakly I rested the side of my head on his shoulder. The act seemed so completely new to me yet I felt like I made no mistakes. Because he actually ushered my head down on his shoulder with his cold soft hands. And soon I began to drift off. I heard his voice faintly as I dozed off but his words made no sense to me.

Instead of focusing on him, I found myself in a world of dense forests and crystal blue moons that looked like the eyes of my lover.

A/N: I actually reallllly like the last line don't know why. Hope u all enjoyed the update and I'll try to update soon