Chapter Forty-Three

Lunacy - XXXtentacion

L U C K Y

"Well look who's alive and well" Peslan snorted once I had joined them in the living room and I snarled at him causing him to unintentionally lean further into the seat. He had been wearing a black long sleeved sweater and black jeans pants. They all had on full black, a habit they all took up and turned into tradition for whenever they were going to hunt. Over all they all seemed healthy, full radiant faces and their hair all neatly combed. I on the other hand had only been dressed in a dirty white sweat pants. Dried blood, dirt and sweat had still stained my skin from the attack because I had failed to take a shower and at the moment I had gotten so used to the scent that it had lost its effect on me. His dilated pupils silently offered me an apology and I narrowed my eyes at him as I walked by. "Geesh sorry. Wrong timing it seems" he added trying to lighten the mood with a loop sided grin, a frantic look in his light grey eyes, and I rolled my eyes, falling into the seat beside Pyper's. "Is she awake?" Hema asked quietly leaning forward in her seat nervously and I gritted my teeth as I reached for the television remote. Her dark eyes took me in and I could feel her trying to pry at the barricades of my mind and I shoved her with a mental force that caused her to jolt back into her seat.

"Do you even have to ask?" Pyper retaliated on my behalf and I tried not to squeeze in the remote from my clenching fists. The nerve Oakley had to even voice her assumptions. Look at you losing your control again. You can't even focus. What kind of Alpha do you plan to be? You stink of death. Then again you stink of your destiny. That's all you're destined for right now. Death. Just get rid of Oakley. You should've let us get her. What would your father say? Now there's probably even a witness from the fight. You made them know that immortals are real now you'll be hunted and killed along with the rest of the pack. It's a set up. Get rid of Oakley. Hand her over and her father. They're impeding you from getting total control. You could be the most powerful and now you're here succumbing to be a babysitter. You disgust us. "What channel is CNN?" I had managed to breathe out, my limbs twitching from the raw adrenaline that had been gradually growing. "56.1. Why?I thought you hated news" Peslan answering with a quirk of his brow and immediately I began to jam at the up button as I watched the channel numbers ascend on the screen. The method of exerting energy only seemed to infuriate me more because my thumb had been moving too fast for the television to pick up each signal.

He's watching it to ensure that his ass is safe. If anyone comes up and talks about boys changing to werewolves he'll be dead by dawn. A coward. Only a coward and an idiot would be faced with this scenario.

"You could just type the number in you know" Hema muttered as she also recoiled into her seat. They all realized how I was about to lose control but they had no idea how to approach it. The fact that I couldn't even help my self caused me to bounce my leg along with each time I pressed the button. Because you're worthless. Big fucking joke. Get the fuck out of my head. "Lucky. You need to calm down" Pyper said resting a hand on my knee and I stood up so that her hand fell off. "I'm fine. Really I am. Why would you think that?" I lied through a grimace that I tried to change to a smile and they all stared at me nonchalantly. Finally Peslan sighed and got up as he muttered "I'm going to get Starlie". "You don't need to. I'm fine" I spat and they all flinched when the remote broke into halves and I closed my eyes as I breathed out heavily in frustration. I'm going to kill Jason. "Lucky is there something happening that we need to know about?" Pyper said calmly and I could see the colors that represented the thermal energy in her body move closer to me through my closed eyelids.