Chapter Thirty-five

O A K

The week passed by quickly and the more time I spent with Jason, the less time I saw Lucky. Although we had classes in which he would casually glance at me and force himself to stare at the teacher or to whoever was in his groups. I tried my best most times to look away and it worked because I spent hours upon hours drifting away to the depths of my mind everyday. Friday night I pulled on some old cyan yoga pants my mother had and an oversized pastel pink large hoodie. I curled up in my couch awaiting my mother's arrival as I drifted away again. Thinking about my eyes that I had glanced at recently and noticed that one iris seemed brighter than the other. About Jason that had seemed to be getting too close to me and about Lucky who's hatred seemed to be escalating by the minute. My own thoughts drowned me into a sea of confusion, anxiety and a strange bereft feeling.

"Bereft of what "

I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard the door being opened and I sighed as I rested my head on the head rest so that I could crane my neck towards the doorway. "Night mom"I called out but I got no response. I squinted my eyes but they slowly widened when I noticed who was walking in. The first thing I saw was the platinum blonde hair being revealed from under his hoodie. His light blue eyes held mine in a way that made the air thickened around us. "Lucky what are you doing here-" "We need to talk" he muttered in an almost inaudible tone but the alcohol was strong on his breath and it frightened me. "No. you need to go home. It's late." I snapped but he only rolled his eyes and stumbled drunkenly up the stairs as if it was his own house. "Where the hell do you think you're going?" I yelled in annoyance as I got up and chased after him. By the time I had reached up the stairs, I found my room door slightly open and light leaking from inside.

"Lucky" I called out shoving open the door, clearly irritated by his obnoxious behavior in my own house. To my own surprise he had been pulling off his shirt and I froze in the doorway staring at him. "Since you don't want to talk I'm going to sleep" he grumbled as he threw his shirt onto my lamp then he began to pull off his socks. "No no no. Listen. Put back on your clothes. Get out of my room and drive back home" I ordered as I rushed to him and held onto his hands so that he couldn't pull down his socks. "You want me to drive back home now?" He scoffed with a quirked eyebrow and a certain look of mischief playing on my lips. "Yes. I would appreciate your departure" I said dryly as I yanked at his arm but he was quick and pulled me down instead. "Lucky" I screeched fighting against him as he tightened his grip around me and nuzzled his face into my neck.

"You're becoming such a stubborn little mate" he mumbled as he breathed in deeply against my skin and I froze. Mate? What's a mate? Like........what? ."Lucky you need to go" I muttered shakily as I more reluctantly began to push against him. The tender swells of his lips brushed against my neck and I grew weak by the minute. "You want me to drive back home drunk Oakley? I'm drunk. I'll die" he muttered applying pressure and I flushed as I resurfaced from my trance. I pulled away my head as I struggled to sit up but he wouldn't let me go. "Lucky you drove here and you ended up safe. What's the difference now-" "Sweetheart my mind drove me to a safe place and this is a safe place for me. I can not drive home because the party is at my home. If I drove to my other sister's house you'd hear that I passed away on the freeway. I'm bat ass blind as shit right now and all I want is the be right here on this bed, feeling your body against me. I want to be here" he cut me off as his mesmerizing eyes glanced over my face as if I was made of fine China. My breath hitched at his words as my stomach twisted like the tongue of a toddler reciting riddles.

"No no. Lucky. Emma" I muttered when I noticed him inching forward with purpose. "We're doing nothing wrong" he muttered pushing his neck to the side as he sucked gently on my neck and I gasped. I wanted to push him off but my body froze under his cold yet beautifully mystical crystal blue eyes. "She's you're girlfriend" I said through a sharp intake as he brushed his hand through my hair then he wrapped it in a ponytail in one of his hands. His other hand rested on my lower back. "You're my mate" he muttered and I pulled away from him when the sting his lips were leaving on my neck became more prominent. "Lucky. You need to leave. No stay. Just....I can't stay with you when you're drunk. You have a girlfriend and I....Jason. Just stay in my room and sleep. I'll catch some z's in the living room. I can bring up pills and whatever if you like?" I blubbered out as somehow I had managed to get off of him and from his strong arms. He stared at me in disbelief then he blew out a heavy breath as he dropped back into the bed, melting into the sheets, then he closed his eyes.

"Whatever." he muttered in annoyance as he retrieved his phone and I winced on my way to the door. My heart felt heavy and I felt slightly betrayed and hurt when the indifference in his tone came across to me. It stung me more than the forming bruise on my neck and I huffed in annoyance as I stomped out childishly and slammed the door. Funny world.

Update: little something eh??? lol I think the Halloween update is the chapter that will be next. Hope you all enjoyed it 💖💖💖