Please Don't Forget, Only Remember {Himuro x Reader}

Sorry if this is super OOC, I really tried... But anyway, there's a better explanation of why he's OOC, after the story if you want to read my reasoning and other "secrets" behind this story while it was in the makings (They're actually quite funny/weird, but interesting none the less!) and I suggest you read them (:3/XD), but I did my best on this story, so enjoy if you want!

----------------<3

He never knew exactly what had happened that night, but he regretted every moment of that day. If only he had kept you at home. If only he had known this would have happened to you, then he would have stopped it all from happening. But now, every time he thought of you, tears would fall from his eyes and he would sob uncontrollably. It wasn't like you were dead, but rather it felt like he was, but he refused to leave your side.

It was Monday morning, and despite the fact that he should have been in school, and playing basketball afterward, he was in the hospital at your bedside. In fact, he had missed a lot of days of school just to be there to comfort you. You were sleeping peacefully, still healing from your injuries, while he rested beside you in a chair, waiting for you to wake.

You groaned slightly, a small whimper escaping your lips as you squirmed around in the hospital bed. He woke to the sounds of your discomfort, and his eyes immediately shifted to your form, tangled up in the bed sheets. He contemplated untangling you, but his mind also fought against him, warning him to not interrupt your sleep, but your contorted form appeared to need his help. With extreme caution, he tugged lightly at your blanket-binds, turning you over slightly, every so often, just to push you off the sheets, once again freeing your limbs.

When he saw your struggling cease, he relaxed. He gave a relieved sigh and let a small, slightly sad smile grow on his lips. He knew that once you woke, he would once again become no one. He missed the days where he was a real human being. He missed the days where his life held value to someone, and the days there was someone by his side, telling him just how much they cared, but those days were over.

His heart almost stopped in his chest when he heard you yawn, bringing his mind back down to earth. You sat up and turned your head to look at him, your lips still parted as you continued to take in air in a yawn.

"Good morning," You said with a friendly smile that made his heart hurt. "Um, this might sound rude, but would you mind telling where I am?" You asked, your innocent smile making his heart beat faster.

"Y-you're in the hospital..." He mumbled, trying to hold back his salty tears as he spoke to you, his happier memories filling his mind.

"Why?" You had a puzzled look on your face that almost brought a smile to his face. "Why am I here?"

"Y-you were in an a-accident. Three weeks ago..." Was his response.

"Was I in a coma?" You asked him, earning the shaking of his head.

"N-no."

"Then, why don't I remember?"

"C-concussion... And other injuries."

"Ah, I see. This is a little late, but who are you, anyway?"

"Himuro..."

"It's nice to meet you."

"Y-yeah, I guess..." He almost whispered the words he spoke, they came out broken and airy. "But we've met before..."

"We have?" You sounded a little shocked by his words.

"Yeah, but it isn't that important..."

"If you say so!" You smiled again, and he felt a sharp pain in his chest. He clutched the cloth of his shirt right over his heart, refusing to look at you.

"Y-yeah," He looked away from you, towards the window to the side of your bed. Things were like this every day for the past three weeks. You never remembered him. You could never remember the times the two of you had together. You never remembered anything. You never remembered that you were in the hospital, and you never remembered you were hurt. You never remembered why you were in the hospital.

It was hard to talk to you like this. It felt useless if you were never going to remember him, but he refused to give up so easily. If time wouldn't bring you to remember him, then he would try and force you to recall the time you had with him. That, or he would be forced to watch you slowly drift away from him, grow more attached to some other man, and leave him forever, thus stomping on his heart and killing him.

He wanted to continue the same, bland conversation the two of you shared every day, relishing in the fact that you were at least speaking with him, so he could enjoy the sound of your voice, but he began to feel the familiar wetness of tears falling down his cheeks. His body shook and he sniffled softly. The quiet sounds he was making were just loud enough for you to have to strain your ears to hear him.

"What's wrong?" You asked in a small, worried voice. Fearing you had upset him. "Are you okay?"

"I-I-I'm... okay..." He responded slowly, his low sniffles interrupting him almost every other word.

"O-okay..." You still sounded unsure, but you felt as though you could trust him. You didn't realize it, but your next question broke the usual conversation you two shared every morning, and the surprised and happy look you saw in Himuro's eyes brought a small light and airy feeling into your heart. "Could you tell me of how you know me? Like, what your memories of what our encounter was like?"

He almost cried harder as his gaze shot to your face, a happier expression crossing his face, but this time he would have been crying over how excited he was to hear a change in the conversation.

"S-sure. Well... I think you were the one who confessed to me, and I don't think I knew who you were at the time. It might have been because, at the time, basketball was always the first thing on my mind, and I didn't pay much attention to other things. I was really surprised by your confession, and despite the fact that I didn't know who you were, I accepted your confession, and decided to use it as a way to get to know you better," His expressions continued to change with the words he spoke.

"We were dating for a long time, and we decided to move in together. It was night, and you got in your car to go get some more of your boxes to bring to our new appartment. I should have tried harder to stop you, but your persistence got the better of me, and I let you leave. You got into a accident, and the concussion you got from the crash caused you to receive memory loss. Every day for the past three weeks you wake up, and can't remember me, or that you're in a hospital, or why you're even in a hospital. I come here every day in hopes that you've finally regained your memory," He started crying again as he retold the story.

The look on your face never faltered throughout the story until you saw his tears again. "I-I'm sorry I couldn't remember you for three weeks, Himuro. I feel really bad about it. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" The sudden change of pride in your voice alerted him of your remembrance, and in response, he only cried harder, leaning on you, trying to snuggle into you. You gave a soft smile as you pulled him closer to you and rubbed his back in gentle circles, calming him enough that his sobs became sniffles. His body continued to shake softly and you hugged him to you.

That day, the two of you vowed to always stay by each other's side, no matter what happened to the other, and you personally vowed to never forget Himuro again, for all your worth. You never wanted to let him suffer through those three weeks, ever again. You cared about him too much to wish that on him again, and you never forgot him again.

-----------------<3

Wow, that ending was really bad, but it was kinda angst-y too. At first, there were lines where his name was, because I wrote it without internet, and I couldn't remember the name of the character I was supposed to be writing this for. Because of that, I hope you'll forgive me if he's super OOC. I would change it to suit his personality, but I'm honestly too lazy to do that (XD), but anyway, please enjoy this chapter!

Also, Feel free to make a request! It would be really helpful if in your request you left the character(s) you wanted and whether it's an x Reader, or a ship. Also, if you have a general idea of what kind of story you want... Kinda like a summary of the plot line you want. All kinds of requests are accepted, and are always appreciated!

~THANKS~

Teiko_Kuroko~<3