World So Cold {Akashi x Reader}

WARNING: This story includes hints of and moments leading to depression. If you are sensitive, or do not like such topics I do not suggest you read any further. Thank you. You have been warned.

---------------<3

It starts with pain, followed by hate.

He couldn't say this was the first time something like this had happened to him. He had broken so many hearts already, what was one more? You were hurt. You felt as though you had been torn apart. He lied, broke promises, and made you cry. The pain slowly turned to anger, and you began to hate the red-headed captain.

Fueled by the endless questions, no one can answer.

Puzzled by his reasoning for hurting your heart so, floated through your mind like bubbles, ready to pop at any given moment. You didn't understand why. You asked questions, hundreds of them, and no one knew why he was this way. No one new what had caused such sudden displeasure in his life.

A stain, covers your heart, tears you apart just like, a sleeping cancer.

You were faced with so many problems in the past, and when Akashi came along, you had thought, maybe, just maybe this was a sign saying thing will finally start going your way. Your purity and hope was like a stain, being burnt permanently onto your heart. It clouded your vision and began to slowly eat away at you.

I don't believe men are born to be killers.

You used to believe that after such a terrible day, tomorrow would always be better, because you had him by your side, there to protect you like a knight would to a princess. But you were never a princess in his eyes. You were a lowly servant girl that he could toy with, and throw out when he was bored of it. But a human life doesn't work like that. You would never believe men were heros, for your hero had become a killer.

I don't believe the world can't be saved.

If only. If only. If only. If only the world--your world, could be saved. But it was too late. Your world had shattered like a mirror being thrown to the ground. You served no point in the current world, or at least, that was what you thought. He used you. He threw you away like you were garbage. He lied. He never treated you right, but you were too blinded by hope to notice.

How did you get here, and when did it start? An innocent child with a thorn in his heart.

Deviation started when you were born, meant to live through a endless cycle of hate and agony. It would never change. You anger, sadness, distrust. It all stuck to you, hurting you like needles. Like a thorn had been placed in your heart.

What kind of world do we live in? Where love is divided by hate.

Love could always be torn apart, lovers could always be torn apart, and so easily, when hate entered a relationship. No matter how strong the bond is between the two, bonds could be broken. Just as yours had been. Love built on lies, anger, and promises that were never really promises, are like a poison. They're never the kind of relationship humans want. They crave true affection, sweet words, and care, but the world never wanted things to go right for you.

Selling our soul for no reason. We all must be dreaming this life away. In a world so cold.

Your hopes and dreams were crushed. Maybe your standards were too high, or the things you wanted were unreasonable, things you were never meant to have. But your hope and dreams stole your life away. The world really is a terrible place.

Are you sane? Where's the shame? A moment of time passes by, you cannot rewind.

It was too late to fix what had happened, nor did you really want to. This was fate. The world hated you, the one you cared the most for hated you, what other option did you have? You hid away in your room, cowering in the shadows, refusing to leave the place you found most safe. You barely ate, and your positive attitude and outlook on life changed, and turned to dust. It was as if you weren't even there. Like you weren't alive at all. People grew worried.

Who's to blame? When did it start? Is there a cure for your sickness? Have you no heart?

Akashi was to blame. He's been like this for the longest time. Why couldn't you bring yourself to notice sooner? He was sick. In mind, body, and soul. He was wrong to act the way he did. To say he was always right. To claim he was better than everyone else. Everyone knew he was heartless, and that he would hurt you, but you never believed them until you saw it with your own eye. Until you noticed it yourself. He really was a broken man.

I don't believe men are born to be killers.
I don't believe the world can't be saved.

------------------<3

*Enter awkward laugh here*

I honestly have no idea where this came from. Right now, my favorite song is "World so cold", and I was singing it to myself the other day, then all of that showed up. I'm sorry.

Requests are still open.

I will update again soon, I promise.

Teiko_Kuroko~<3