Guns Were Meant To Kill {Kagami x Reader}(Fluff/Angst)

This might sound weird, but Idk, I feel like my writing isn't good enough(?). Looking back on some of my writing, I literally cringe. I just can't handle reading my own work, and it's led me to believe that my writing isn't any good. I feel like I should unpublish it all, but I really don't know. I mean, I won't if you guys like my writing, but... Idk.

-----------------------<3

This wasn't the ending you wanted.

It wasn't the fairytale death, where the one you love holds you tenderly in their arms as they caress your cheek, whispering sweet nothings to you as your consciousness fades away and your existence disappears.

No, this was far colder.

The metal against your skin, just beginning to warm, the hum of multiple machines, the beeping of your heart rate on the monitor.

There was a dull ache in your head, and your eyelids felt heavy, like there were weights holding your eyes closed. The pain in your stomach area, and the pressure of a large hand being the only things reminding you, that you were still alive.

You could faintly hear a familiar voice calling out to you. Kagami.

His words blurred together, muffled, like there was something in your ears. Then the noise of the doctors' filled your thoughts.

"... Losing... blood...!"

"... Going into... shock...!"

A few words managed to make their way into your mind, hanging in the air before you, surrounded by darkness.

"(Y/N)! Stay with us!"

A heavy feeling arose in your chest, and is suddenly grew harder to breathe.

"Tai...ga..." You choked out.

You didn't know what happened, you didn't know how you reacted, how you should react. You didn't even know how you were supposed to feel.

A warm hand took yours, thumb gently rubbing the back of your hand. From the sensation of the other person, you could tell they were shaking.

Were they sad? Scared? You were unsure.

"I'm sorry, sir," someone you didn't recognize, said, voice quiet, like they didn't want you to hear them.

A male choked back a sob, a cry, a plea.

"(Y/N)..." The voice from before paused. "Isn't going to make it..."

"No..." The male denied it. It couldn't be true. He didn't want it to be.

"Taiga..."

Your voice was faint, and it cracked from the lack of oxygen you were receiving.

The grip on your hand tightened, and you squeezed back with what remained of your strength.

"Am... Am I going... to die?"

Kagami bent down, touching your fingers to his forehead as he held onto your hand like if he let go, you'd disappear.

How was he supposed to tell the love of his life something so terrible? He wanted so badly for it to be anything but true, for the truth to be a lie. He wanted you to survive.

"..." He was silent, and you forced your eyes open to look at him. Tears were falling down his cheeks, and his body was shaking.

You gave a small, quiet, painful laugh, making you cough. "So it's true... huh..."

Once again, he didn't answer. With your free hand, you wiped away a stray tear from his cheek.

"Taiga... look at me."

He lifted his head to meet your gaze, his red-orange eyes filled with tears, sadness, and something that reminded you of regret.

"Taiga..." You whispered, hand brushing his hair back tenderly. "Forget about me."

He shook his head. "I could never forget about you!"

"Taiga, I... want you to move forward, to be happy..."

"I’ll never be happy without you!"

A tear fell from your eye, and you gave his hand one last gentle squeeze and a small, weak, but genuine, smile.

Fear pooled in your stomach, joining the warm, wet feeling of blood. Your heart rate sped up, and you knew this was the end.

"I love you."

Your eyes closed slowly, and your body went limp. The patterned beeping of the monitor fell to a lone, long sound that reminded Kagami of a scream.

The smell of the hospital mixing with your blood intoxicated his lungs, and he soon felt sick to his stomach.

He wanted to shout, to cry, to throw something in anger, to lock himself in his room for the rest of his life. Most of all, to have you in his arms once more.

But you were gone, leaving nothing behind, but the memories Kagami had of you, the single bullet wound in your torso being the painful reminder that guns were meant to kill.

------------------------<3

I was thinking of doing a second part to this. Should I? Or should I leave it at that?

In any case, I hope some tears were shed. Or I'm a failure at the only thing I'm good at. ;;A;;

//Feel the angst//

I was literally crying as I wrote this, tbh. *Wipes away tears*

So, what did you guys think?

I hope it isn't as bad as I'm beginning to think it is. ._.

Tell meh what you thiiiink. ( · - · ) *Stares*

(・-・) *Staaaareeees*

( ○ - ○ )*Staaaaaaaareeeeees*

(◎ - ◎) *Staaaaaaaaaaareeeeeeees*

*Whispers* Telllllllllll meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Friend: I apologize. - _ - She's been up late the past two weeks, and still hasn't gotten a lot of sleep.

Teiko_Kuroko~<3