Best Friends Before Lovers {Hayama x Reader}

Notice the fact that there is no consistency in the arrangement of the titles XD

---------------<3

You squealed in delight when you remembered that you'd be spending the day with your best friend, and one true crush. It seemed like years since the last time you got to do something fun with Hayama.

Unfortunately, despite your efforts, the boy seemed to be so dense, he never realized your feelings towards him. All in all, you gave up trying to hint at it, and planned to tell him straight out today.

Your friend almost questioned the overly happy look on your face, but dropped the question to let you be you.

~(Time skip brought to you by Anime)~

You were walking side-by-side on your way home with Hayama. Being childhood friends made it so you knew each other well enough to feel comfortable around the other, no matter what. It also meant you knew more about the boy, than any other person.

"Hey, Kotaro..." you began, pausing.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"There's.... something you don't know about me."

"Eh? Don't tell me you're dying, or something!"

"No, I'm not dying." You laughed at his response.

"That's good. Then what is it?"

"..."

He looked at you, puzzled.

"... I.... um..." You kept your head down, nervously, and stopped walking. When he noticed, he stopped as well.

"What is it?" He repeated.

"The thing you don't know is that I like you."

"Hah? I knew that! We're best friends after all! I like you too!" He replied, grinning. You sighed, and muttered a few curses under your breath about how oblivious he really was.

"No, Kotaro. I like you like that." You replied, a light blush on your cheeks.

He looked shocked for a moment, while the words sank in. When he finally got an understanding of what you meant, he smiled wide.

"That's good! Because I like you too, like that!" He chirped back. A shocked, happy look crossed your face, and you smiled. He motioned for you to catch up, and you ran to his side, and the two of you walked home together. Hand-in-hand.

----------------<3

Somehow, I feel like this wasn't what you were asking for.... I feel like you meant something different when you requested this.

I didn't know if you wanted me to make it a confession thing, and I feel like Hayama is a little OOC. Sorry about that.

Anyway, Seishina_Akashi thank you for requesting~ I'm not sure which one of you asked for this one, but I'm happy to be able to write this for you~ :3

Teiko_Kuroko~<3