Race Time

Arriving at the track Ranger stops and takes a deep breath. He growls and shakes his head, he was ready to race it had been a year since Sadie had crashed and almost died.

Looking at the track it is one he knows well. Classic oval with the normal stuff flags, vendors, spectators, and of course the other teams.

The announcer says with a laugh.
"There he is ladies and gentlemen Ranger and his rider Silver Fire. This will be the first race for Dragon Haven in one year. Don't forget Dragon Haven almost lost Sadie in her crash two years ago."

Hearing his name Ranger lifts his head and a mighty roar fills the area, the crowd cheering in excitement showing off he shoots a jet of fire getting another round of cheering.

The announcer says laughing.
"He is ready and we can't wait to see Ranger in action again."

Kat says with a serious tone. "Remember Ranger will help you but you will need to stay alert you are a team. Ranger take care of him."

Ranger looks at Kat and growls she puts her hand on his snout.

"I know you will and Sadie is here to watch you two. Now go kick some serious ass."

The announcer says loudly.
"All competitors to the starting line."

When the flag drops Ranger is off and takes a commanding lead. The first 3 laps has Ranger in control. Wild Style starts to close the gap as Donald and Ranger continue dominating the race. The play by play is called on the last lap excitement is running high. Ranger growls he knows that he has this race won.

Silver Fire and Ranger have a good lead and then Silver Fire hears.
"Oh no Fisher is in trouble they are going down. All emergency personnel stand by looks like they are going down at turn 3."

Silver Fire says to Ranger in a panic.
"Forget the win Ranger let's help. Head for Fisher."

Ranger banks right and heads straight to Fisher. Silver Fire yells.
"Sadie help."

Sadie launches into the air Donald sees her and says scared. "Get the rider we have Fisher."

The announcer says unbelieving. "Silver Fire and Ranger have given up the win to help that is a true sportsman team right there. And there is Sadie the team of legends is here this is truly a beautiful sight. This is a beautiful sight. Go Sadie go!"

Sadie lands and emergency medical rushes to the rider as Ranger struggles to keep from crashing two more dragons help getting Fisher to the ground safely.

Ranger looks at his rider Silver Fire with a confused look. In his mind Donald hears.
"Why did you want to give up the win?"

Silver Fire smiles and patting Ranger on the neck.
"Helping your fellow competition when they are in trouble is more important than winning a race. Remember if we are there for them they will be there for us."

The owner of Fisher comes up to both Ranger and Silver Fire and says astonished.
"You two are true sportsmen, any thing to help a friend just ask. You two are amazing and in my book heroes. Heroes I tell you."

Kat runs to them with tears in her eyes.
"You two are amazing and Sadie you are a sweet heart to help even though you are injured."

The announcer says.
"By unanimous decision the win goes to Silver Fire and Ranger, Congratulations to the winners."

Ranger lifts his head and another mighty roar vibrates the stands.

Fisher approaches and looks at Silver Fire and lowers her head and whines.
"I owe you my life. Ask anything of me and if I can provide it I will. I am at your service Great one."

Silver Fire smiles and says.
"You owe us nothing Fisher. And you are never going to be at my service."

He puts his hand on the snout of Fisher and smiles.
"Rest and heal my friend I want you at the next race. So we can leave you in our dust."

Fisher lifts her head and roars.
"I will and next time you will be watching me win the race. And it is I who will leave you in my dust."

"Good and that race will be one for the ages!" Silver Fire says smiling "Let's go Ranger time to get you and Sadie a nice rewarding wash down."