Shimmer gives her life

As Donald walks to the fields he is attacked by a group that intend to steal some of the dragons. Because of his love of dragons he moves to stop them.

Fighting back he gets shot in the stomach.

Shimmer sees it and comes to his aid. Shimmer fighting takes 5 out and takes a mortal injury she roars. Shimmer knows that her injuries are going to end with her death.

8 dragons respond the remaining would be dragon snatchers run.

Ignoring his own injuries Donald crawls to Shimmer.
"You will be ok Shimmer don't die on me. Please don't leave me please I need your help."

Tears stream down his face, as Kat and others are running up they freeze when they hear Donald.
"NO! Shimmer fight stay with me don't leave me. Come on Shimmer you are a tough girl don't give up please."

Shimmer gives Donald a lick on his cheek and whines.
"Sorry Donald but I will not survive. I am happy that we have met. Goodbye Donald, my friend."

Shimmer slowly closes her eyes as her last breath is shallow.

Donald cries and screams his voice laced with sadness and pain and rage. As Donald screams the pain in his cries is too much for the other dragons as they fight to stay strong. Everyone of the dragons start to cry.

Then they hear him cry out shaking Shimmer like a lost little child trying to wake his best friend up. As tears stream down his face.
"Shimmer! Shimmer! No Shimmer come back please come back! Shimmer please, don't leave me."

Kat gets to him sadness in her voice.
"She is gone brother. It's over she is gone you can't bring her back."

Out of sadness and rage he pushes her away making her fall Kat hits the ground with a thud.

Donald gets up with pure rage in his voice.
"I will avenge you Shimmer they will pay with their lives. Hell Fire come to me now."

Everyone watches as a dark red dragon flies up lands and looks at Donald.
"We are going to hunt the ones who are responsible for the death of Shimmer and we will make them pay for her death with their lives."

Hell Fire growls and gets ready for flight and battle. Hell Fire was angry, those humans had killed his mother.

Kat grabs Donald.
"No you're not! You need medical attention don't be stupid!"

Donald turns and Kat sees pure rage in his eyes she backs away. "Brother listen to me you can't help Shimmer in your condition
Please let us handle this, I beg you please you promised Sadie to be her rider on her last race."

Donald collapses into Kat's arms and cries Kat looks at Johnny. "Call a ambulance now." She looks at Shimmer "Goodbye old friend we will miss you." As she holds her brother and cries.

Donald spends the next 5 days in the hospital recovering everyone gives Shimmer a proper burial on the head stone it reads.
"Here lies Shimmer she gave her life protecting the ones she loved. Rest in peace you will never be forgotten." As Kat reads it at her burial. Shimmer was laid to rest in her favorite thinking spot.