One week to race day

Kat watches Sadie and Donald training hard every day both pushing themselves to the limit and then push further.

Donald has Sadie maneuvering in the air in ways that Kat herself did not think possible as Ranger follows close behind

Kat times them one day on a lap she looks with disbelief at the stopwatch "They beat my best time by 12 seconds."

Kat hears a powerful roar as Sadie passes over her and the wind puts her on her rear.

Sadie lands and Donald runs to Kat.
"Are you ok sis? Your not hurt are you?"

Kat laughing says.
"I'm not hurt you two just beat my best time by 12 seconds."

Sadie makes what Kat can only describe as a chirping noise

Donald says with a smile.
"Sadie and I are ready and we are going to break more records at the race."

Kat smiles and says.
"Good because the race officials were here yesterday watching you and the race has been changed to this weekend."

Donald turns to Sadie.
"You ready Sadie?" Sadie growls and stomps her right front.

Sadie says with pure determination.
"I am ready to be the dragon races grand champion."

Donald smiles and says.
"Then in two days we crown you grand champion. Training is done for today rest and prepare for the race."

He looks at Kat.
"I will spend the next two nights with Sadie."

Kat nods and helps wash Sadie and then they polish her scales that night Donald and Sadie make sweet passionate love.

The next day Donald prepares himself mentally for the race and stays close to Sadie they go over commands and calls.

Kat brings lunch out to them and says.
"I will be in the race with Ranger so we have a chance to take two winning positions."

Donald says with a smile.
"Then rest tonight with Ranger and we will go to the race together. Remember to allow Ranger to hold you while you are sleeping it will help you two be as one at the race. Kat Ranger, Sadie and the rest of the dragons here all respect and love you. And they are all thankful for everything you do for them."