Special Visit

As Kat sits at the table with Donald,Will comes in and says with a little confusion.
"Hey Kat we have some special visitors from a cancer treatment place that helps make a wish come true."

Donald looks up and says.
"I know, I invited them, Kat get everyone ready we are taking some little angels for a dragon ride. For a few this will be the last thing they do so we need to have them with the most experienced riders."

Kat nods and smiles.
"15 minutes brother and we will be ready to make some happy memories."

Donald looks at Will.
"Take them to the field we will meet you there."

Donald goes to Sadie and Ranger. "Come on we are giving rides to children with cancer and some will not survive much longer, I need both of you to show how loving a dragon can be."

Sadie and Ranger both show excitement and follow with anticipation. Sadie and Ranger are growling back and forth between them talking.

As he gets to the field Kat says. "There they are Silver Fire, Sadie and Ranger
our championship race teams."

All the children ohhh and ahhh as they walk up, Donald says. "Sadie, Ranger say hello to the children."

Sadie growls and then chirps Ranger growls and shoot a jet of fire into the air.

Kat looks at Ranger. "Show off."

Surprising everyone but Donald they hear a mighty roar and the other race teams land.

Kat looks at Donald he replies.
"I thought it would be more fun with all the race teams here. Plus they can help give rides."

Wild Style starts smelling the children they laugh and giggle as the children look with awe and wonder at all the dragons.

Kat says loudly.
"Listen up everyone we have children here that are in a bad way. Our mission is to give them a day of fun and joy."

Donald says with a smile.
"But first a quick lesson about dragons for safety reasons. Can anyone tell me what to do when a dragon growls?"

A little girl raises her hand.
"You be careful and let the dragon get comfortable with you."

Donald smiles and nods.
"That is part of the correct answer the other part is watch their eyes,feet,and wings you can tell a dragons emotions by watching them. Now what do you do when a dragon chirps at you and stares at you?"

No one raises a hand or says anything, Donald turns to Wild Style and he chirps and stares at Donald. Donald approaches and stops Wild Style lowers his head and chirps again Donald puts his hand on his snout and Wild Style purrs.

Donald looks at the children.
"You do what I have done. Remember that dragons are peaceful and want to be your friend. And the sound you are hearing is called a dragon's purr. It is actually a friendly growl."

Over the next 10 minutes the children get told everything they need to know. And how to safely be around dragons. What not to do and where not to touch any dragon.

Kat looks at everyone and says.
"We will handle the introductions and my brother will talk with the dragons to find out who they want to give a ride, Donald is a dragon rider that means he can hear them in his mind so if he says something to you, listen carefully."

All the children nod and say .
"Yes Kat we will listen."

One of the adults who arrived with the children ask.
"Is it really safe for the children to ride on a dragon?"

Donald smiles and says.
"Yes it is safe. These dragons are highly trained. Believe me when I say they will know that you are in trouble before you do."

Donald says looking at the dragons.
"All dragons pick your special rider and fill their hearts with joy."

All the dragons let a mighty roar saying they understand. All the children are filled with excitement. All of the children start by petting and rubbing on the dragons getting purrs and playful licks. The children were laughing and playing with the dragons. Some of the dragons play games with the children. Hide and seek, tag, and other games. Some color with the children, some just lay there and soak up the attention. The dragons were enjoying being around the children, and the children were enjoying being around the dragons and spending time with them.

The adults that arrived with the children watch and smile. They couldn't believe how calm and peaceful the dragons were with the children running around squealing and laughing. Ranger, Sadie, Wild Style, Fisher and Trixie give rides. The children squeal, laugh and smile as they fly around, for the dragons this was probably the best day ever.