Tim's First Race

Donald spends the next 8 weeks training Tim to become a racer for Dragon Haven.

As Donald gets to the start line with Tim Dark Knight growls and ruffles his wings. Tim is known as Ghost for his race name and Donald is known as Dark Knight for the races.

The flag drops Dark Knight takes off using his knowledge as human he keeps close to the inside of the track.

Donald can feel the fear coming from Tim but Donald reassures him.
"Don't worry Tim I know this track well."

After 4 laps they are in first place but Wild Style is approaching fast and behind Wild Style is Fisher she has her eyes locked on Dark Knight wanting the win. Donald makes a decision pulling his wings in and rolls twice.

The announcer says with a surprised tone.
"A double twist of fate Dark Knight has made it impossible to catch him now! That is trust between dragon and rider, Oh no Zulu has just impacted a flag pole they are going down. Oh god no! No not another crash like Sadie."

Donald gives up the win and turns to Zulu, in dragon language he tells Zulu.
"Turn over and join claws." He tells Tim "Get on White Knight."

Donald turns over and both him and Zulu impact the ground a cloud of dust blankets turn three. Donald roars in pain as he hits the ground. The weight of two dragons crush several vendors food carts.

The announcer says in a panic. "Emergency medical to turn three, ladies and gentlemen Dark Knight just sacrificed himself to save Zulu and his rider." Zulu looks at him with confusion unable to understand why Dark Knight did that.

The announcer says.
"Dark Knight is down, he may have a broken wing depending on how bad the break is his racing career may be over. This is the second time a team from Dragon Haven has saved another competitor. I pray that his can heal to race again. Just got word fom EMS Dark Knight is out for the rest of the season. Dark Knight is a true hero. He will fly again hopefully, ladies and gentlemen give a round of applause for Dark Knight."

A roar of applause and cheering fills the air.

Kat runs to Donald.
"Are you ok? That was incredibly brave but also very stupid."

He smiles at Kat.
"Just tell them to give me something for the pain, I did what I felt was right Zulu never would have been able to land safely so I made a choice."

Sadie whines as she looks at her mate as Donald gets up his right wing falls to his side, the dragon vet checks his wing, with a voice laced with sadness.
"Kat bad news Dark Knight's wing is broken in 3 places he will be able to fly when he heals but is racing career is over he will never race again. Get him back to Dragon Haven I will meet you there. You are a true hero Dark Knight, ever since Donald came into the picture safety has become much more important. God rest his soul, it was a terrible loss for everyone. Dragon theft has dropped to almost nothing, because of the new laws."

The announcer says.
"All race teams have agreed the win goes to Ghost and Dark Knight and Wild Style. Wild Style has dedicated his win to Donald rest in peace Donald. The former DPO Head of Operations gave his life protecting dragons and for that a special track is being constructed in his honor, the first race next year will be The Donald Lovell Memorial Track. It is a track of his own design, all tracks are going to be retrofitted or built from his design."