Chapter 6: Managing the team

Neji's P.O.V

"Thank god you guys came.."  Shikamaru said as I held Rin in my arms.
"Thank you so much for saving my life.." The fisherman said.
"That better teach you to listen to me!" The fisherman's wife said to him.

We were at the docks.

"No problem.." TenTen said with a smile.
"Where's Lee?" Shikamaru asked.
"I believe protecting Sakura and Ino." TenTen said.
"So something happened to them too.."

"What about Rin?  She looks out cold." I said staring at the the limp body in my arms.
"50..." Rin was mumbling something.
"What?" I asked moving closer.
"50..."
"What?"
"50 FISH!!!" She yelled and jumped out of my arms causing me stumble back.
"What?"  I saw a Rin hugging a fish and she dropped it in front of the fisherman.
"Where's the money?!" She yelled smiling.
"You're good, kid..." The fisherman said smirking.

"I guess I should tell you about the Avatar kid." He said..  The Avatar, huh?  Isn't he dead?

"I actually met the Avatar once..  I found him annoying and ridiculous..." The fisherman said.
"It's because the Avatar said a storm was coming." The woman said.
"But I'm so thankful for that boy..  He saved my life." He said.
"A few days ago, we saw a bison going west from here.."  The woman said.
"That's towards the fire nation..."

"The..  Fire nation..." Rin repeated.
"Uh.. Thank you very much!" Shikamaru said..
"Hey!  Don't forget this!" The man handed us a bag..
"The money..  It's more.."
"You saved me..  It's the best I can do.." The fisherman said smiling..

Shikamaru better explain everything to me.

***

Shikamaru's P.O.V

"We are leaving..." I said as I entered the cave with Rin, Neji and TenTen.
"What?!" Naruto asked confused.

I threw the sacks of copper and silver pieces in front of Naruto, Choji, and Sai...
As well as a sack full of food.

"Is that food?!" Choji yelled about to run towards the food, but I stopped him.
"I'm assigning jobs!  If we really want to survive here, we need to manage ourselves!" I said.
"Why are you like that all of a sudden?" Naruto asked confused.

"...No way..  NEJI?! TENTEN?" Naruto yelled.
"Hi Naruto.." Neji said smirking and TenTen just smiled.
"Wait, wait, wait...  If your here that means-"
"NARUTO!!!" That voice.
"LEE!!!" Naruto and Lee hugged.

Sakura and Ino entered the cave as well.

"TENTEN!!!" Sakura and Ino ran towards her and hugged her.
"This is quite a reunion..." I said rolling my eyes.

"As I was saying..." I said.
"Sorry, Shikamaru..." Sakura said and everyone calmed down.

"We need to find the Avatar and his friends as soon as possible.." I said and pulled out a map.
"You bought a map?" Neji asked.
"Yes... This is a map of all 4 nations... It seems we are somewhere here... We need to get the fire nation which is over there, to the west..."
"It looks like we'll need a boat soon." Sakura said.
"When we are traveling over water, a boat won't cut it... We need a ship!" I said and their eyes widened.
"A what?!" Ino said shocked.
"We are going to risk taking out a whole crew of firebenders?" Sai asked.
"Yes, but that doesn't matter at the moment... What matters is our powers.." I said.
"What?" Rin asked confused.
"There are Airbenders, Waterbenders, Firebenders, and Earthbenders... Oh! As well as non-benders... We have chakra and yeah.. You already know... But everyone else here doesn't. We must hide our power by blending in with the bending..." I said and I was given many blank expressions.
Naruto scratched the back of his head, "Uh... Can you repeat that again please?"
I sighed, "Naruto, your chakra nature is wind right? Then you'd be considered and Airbender.." I said.
"OOOHHHH!!"
"Sakura is and Earthbender... That monstrous strength of yours is quiet surprising... Ino's a non-bender, but you can use your power without getting noticed. Choji's a non-bender, I'm a non-bender, Rin's a non-bender..."
"What? But I have a fire chakra nature... I clearly throw flames!" Rin said.
"...for now... You'll need to wait till we disguise ourselves as fire nation.."
"Oooooh."
"Sai will be a non-bender, Neji will be an Airbender, TenTen will be a non-bender, but be free to use your weapons. Lee, you will be a non-bender with mad hand-to-hand combat skills." I said.
"Yes sir! But Shikamaru, there is one thing that I quiet don't understand.." Lee said.
"What is it?"
"The Airbenders..."
"What about them?" I asked confused.
"He's right..." Neji said.
"What?"
"I thought you had heard... The Airbenders, had been extinct for a 100 years now.." Neji said and my eyes widened.
"What?" I asked shocked and confused.
"It was the fire nation's doing, I don't know the back story..."
"Man, they are ruthless... I guess, Naruto and Neji are non-benders." I said.
"So only, hand-to-hand combat?!" Naruto asked.
"Yes.."

"Anyways, I'm assigning jobs..." I said.

"Neji, and I are leading the whole group." I said.
"What?! Why?!" Naruto asked and Sakura hit him in the head.
"Is that even a question to ask?!" She yelled.
"I want Rin to manage the food." I said.
"Ok."
"I want Ino to handle the money."
"You can count on me!"
"Everyone else, jobs will come up.. Let's go an continue our journey.." I said.
"WAIT!!! Can we eat first?!" Choji asked and we all laughed.
"I guess that's best to do, isn't it..." I said and we all sat to eat.