Chapter 24: Ember Island

Zuko's P.O.V

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island."  Tylee said with excitement in her voice.  Well I was not.  I sat beside Mai on the boat.

The people going on this trip:  Azula, Mai, Tylee, Sasuke, Itachi, Deidara, Sasori, Konan, Pein, and I.

Stupid Sasuke.

"It's gonna be great to hangout on the beach and do nothing."  Tylee smiled.

"Doing nothing is a waste of time.  We are being sent away on a forced vacation.  I feel like a child."  I got up frustrated.

"Lighten up.  So dad wants to meet with his advisors alone without anyone else around.  Don't take it personally."  Azula stated.  I wish there was something I could do instead of this vacation.

I'm freaking out because I sense the Avatar's alive.  Stupid Azula gave me the praise of killing the Avatar cause she knew herself he wouldn't just die that easily.  Father will only believe her and not me.  I'm stuck.  Uncle is in prison.  I'm not even sure of who I should trust.  And another enemy on the list.  Stupid Sasuke Uchiha and he sleeps down the hall from me.  Just perfect!

"Maybe this might be better for you.  You seem always stressed.  Especially with the eclipse coming soon, you need this."  Konan said crossing her legs and her arms.

"She does have a point Zuko."  Mai said and I stared back at her thinking about it for a bit.

"Maybe.." I stated furrowing my eyebrows.

"Doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?"  Tylee asked Azula.

"We use to come every summer when we were kids."  Azula replied.

"That must've been fun."

"That was a long time ago."  I stated as my hair blew in the wind.

*

We reached the island and we were greeted by two old women who were twins.

"Welcome to Ember Island kids."  They greeted us.  Well that's not the creepy at all.

"What the fuck.." I heard Deidara say behind me.

We looked up to see a small house.  I hope we aren't staying there.

"Now that house you are staring is where you'll be staying."  I spoke to soon.  All ten of us in that small thing.

"Well this will take adjusting to!"  Azula spoke through her gritted teeth as we got off the boat.

"Where's the palanquin?" Azula questioned crossing her arms.

"There are no palanquins here princess Azula. We are reaching the house by foot." The women said and Azula was so frustrated she was smiling.

"Just perfect. Shall we go then?" Azula said following the women.

I don't think anyone wants to be close to Azula right now.

We entered the house and it smelled weird.

"It smells like old lady in here." I whispered to Mai.