Chapter 25: Metal Man

Azula's P.O.V

The party commenced and I watched as the group dispersed.

Mai and Zuko stayed beside each other, Tylee was speaking to her followers, Deidara was being weird looking at stuff, Sasori was trying to keep him in check, Konan and Pein were together as always, Itachi's was talking to this girl.. hmm he was talking to her earlier..

"Drink?" I turned to see Sasuke offering me one. I smiled a bit.

"Thanks." I sighed to take a sip.

"You seem bored." Sasuke said.

"I'm use to all the attention. No ones paying attention to me." I puffed.

"Ouch.." Sasuke said placing his drink beside me. He stood in front of me.

"I didn't mean it that way Sasuke!" I stated.

"I hope not." Sasuke chuckled a bit.

It kinda makes me wonder. Back where he's from, was there someone he held close?

Sasuke's P.O.V

Azula placed her hand on my chest.

"Wait.."

"What?" I questioned as she had a confused frown on her face.

"Back where you are from, was there someone who you held close. I mean a girl." Azula stated searching my eyes for answers.

An image of my sister appeared in my head. She's my sister, I was always protecting her until I left.

But I knew that wasn't what Azula meant.

Another image appeared. Pink hair, green eyes...Sakura. I felt connected to her, but I was always still confused on how I felt for her. I could tell she really loved and cared for me. When I couldn't pick myself up, she'd try to help. If I couldn't protect myself, she'd try to protect me. From Sakura's end, it probably looked like I hated her. From my end, I was just confused. When I left the village, I don't know..

"...No." I said and Azula rolled her eyes getting up.

"You are a horrible liar."

"I'm not lying though."

"Trust me. You aren't fooling the Fire Nation's Princess." Azula walked away.

I've never seen her so mad.

"S...Sa..ku...ra..." I let her name leave my mouth. What are we?

I decided to look for Azula, and I went outside.. I saw her, kissing the guy who owns the place.

I immediately went back inside.

Sakura's P.O.V

I laid on the hard ground trying to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Sasuke. My heart ached. We aren't even home and he's still against us.

"Guys, this is going to sound crazy, but it feels like a metal man is walking towards us." Toph said jumping awake.

"Metal man...?"  I asked confused sitting up.

"Meta wah?"  Naruto mumbled sitting up.

I watched as Gaara stood up.  Something caught his eye.

"Over there, that man..." Gaara pointed at a large figure.

"What the hell?  What does he want?"  I asked.

"Uh guys..." I heard Shikamaru say worriedly.

"GET BACK!"

It was all silent, and then a loud explosion appeared before our eyes.  Aang tried to use his airbending to stop it, but all it really did was push him back.

Toph got on her feet and tried to earthbend to attack the man, but another explosion occurred stopping her.

Katara started to use the water in the canyon to attack the man but no matter what was thrown at him, he'd blow it up.

"We gotta go, this man's a beast."  Shikamaru said getting up.

"I think he wants Aang!  Get Aang out of here!" Rin yelled as Katara, Toph, and Sokka got on Appa.

"The rest of us we'll keep on your tail.  We'll be keep him away from you."  Neji spoke.

"No!  I should fight him!"  Aang yelled.

"Without you, the invasion plan won't work.  The world won't be saved without you!  You need to go!"  Rin yelled as some of us fought the guy.

She took a deep breath and sighed.  "I'll stay back to buy you guys some time."  Rin said seriously.  The look on her face...  Rin was prepared to risk it all.

"You shouldn't be doing this!"  Aang yelled at me.

"I want to." 

"Rin, but Sasuke-"

"You need to keep yourself and Naruto alive."  She said cutting me off.

"This isn't necessary.." Gaara said to her.  You could see the pain in his eyes.

"I want to do this..  Please leave." She begged and for once I watched the emotion in Gaara's face.

"Gaara we gotta go!" Temari yelled.

"Be careful Rin." I hugged her and quickly followed the others.