Chapter 43: Trust Issues

Rin

"He's really mad isn't he?" I asked Sakura as she sat beside me.

"We are all very worked up. We lost people so suddenly. We are a bit lost on what needs to be done." Sakura spoke.

I shook my head, "Naruto was saying, I'm symbolizing them. Becoming one of them. Not only me, it's all of us. The Fire Nation is off in its own world when it comes to the other nations. Have we ever sat down to think some Fire Nation citizens could view us differently?" I paused for a bit.

Sakura looked at me eagerly, "What?"

"I think I really came to think about things because I started to compare Zuko to Sasuke. If we do save Sasuke, will we neglect him or accept him as one of our own? Have you ever thought of that?" I looked to her and she smiled.

"No doubt in my mind, that I will always see Sasuke as the same little boy I fell in love with. He will always be one of us in my eyes." Sakura held her hand to her chest.

"He will always be my brother." I smiled back at her.

I shouldn't have got angry the way I did when Zuko presented a change of heart.

That makes me a hypocrite.

Azula

That stupid traitor Zuko abandoned us and now Itachi left. My head couldn't wrap around whether or not they would find common ground in leaving and running away from the Fire Nation.

Zuko, is a coward.

He can't handle the pressure of the Fire Nation. He was given everything and lost it all. I knew he couldn't handle it. All just to give him the glory of the undead Avatar which father must be furious about.

Itachi, I have questions about it. He's very secretive, but seems to always frustrate Sasuke. Whatever goals he had or has, we will never truly know his intentions unless he pursues them, or reveals them to us.

I really saw potential in him being here.  Guess I was wrong.

"Hey."  I looked up to see Sasuke push through the doors of my chambers.

"Hey." I spoke purely out of frustration.

"Itachi, acts selfishly.  But everything he does is for a reason, good or bad."  He stated.

"I need Itachi.  He had power like no other.  Unless you decide to do something drastic, you will never reach his potential." I got up, and walked past him.

"Excuse me?" He growled, "If Itachi was here, I could put him in his place! You haven't seen half my strength." I stopped and turned to look at him. I gave him a sly smirk.

"A man who can't open his eyes to reality is weak."

On that note I left.

I had to trust that Itachi was after Rin.

Which means I have to track her.

Sakura

It was the next day and Katara was serving everyone food.

The fury and frustration from the other day has calmed down, but now I feel more awkward around here.

Naruto talks to us, but there's some sort of wedge between us. Wanting Zuko on our side, has really made him feel confused on who he wants to trust.