Chapter 21: Confused

Shikamaru's P.O.V

Everyone was around camp but Rin. She just distanced herself after the cave incident.

I stared at Gaara who ate silently.

Sokka was bickering about how we have to wake up early and something about eating during potty breaks.

"What a drag." I sighed. This girl needs to come here right now before I snap.

"HEY RIN! WHY DON'T YOU COME OVER-"
"Not hungry." She said cutting me off. She got up and walked away. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Let her go." Gaara said not even taking a glance at me.

"She's confused and doesn't understand."

"Make her understand! How do you really feel about her?!" I growled. I felt daggers in my side and I saw Temari and Kankuro glaring at me.

"We are never going to make it to the Fire Nation like this!" I yelled. I don't know what was wrong with me.

Rin's P.O.V

I stared at the village as I stood on the cliff.

I looked down at my fist. I can help. We can all help...but the way this world is... I don't know..

"What's wrong Rin?" I turned to see Katara.

"I don't know." I said.

"If it's Gaara, remember we are at war. Now is probably not the best time and he's probably confused himself. You guys are far from home." She said placing her hand on my shoulder.

*

It was night and everyone was sleeping. I didn't really sleep well so I laid awake staring at the sky.

I turned and realized Sakura and Katara were gone. Them two probably went to do something about the village.

I slowly and quietly got out of my sleeping bag and made my way down a path. I was going to help them. I felt something grab my arm. My eyes widened, "...sand.." I whispered.

"There's no point of you going to help. They're fine." His voice hit me and I blushed nervously.

"You should just sit quiet about this and don't tell anyone."

"Fine." I said as his sand slid off me. I turned and walked towards him. I was about to walk past him but he gripped my arm with his hand.

"Why me..?" He asked referring to my feelings for him. We stared in each other's eyes.

"I get you." I continued to walk..