Chapter 10: The Awakening

Aang's P.O.V

I slowly opened my eyes.
The ceiling is metal...

"What is this place?"

I sat up.
I twitched as pain attacked my side.
My vision got blurry as I stared at the ground.
I shook my head, "What happened?"

I clutched my side and looked up at the wall.
That, that design!

I looked around, this looks like a Fire Nation ship!

I looked behind me.
The Fire Nation Insignia!

I've been captured!

"Oh no!"

I got up quickly, grabbing my staff that was bed side.

I slowly opened the door checking the hall.
It was empty.

I used my staff to help me walk.
I was in major pain. I'm not sure I remember why.

I need to get out of here. Fast!

My staff wasn't good enough, so I had to grab the wall to assist me as well.

I stopped spotting two guards around the corner.
I quickly used my staff to whip air at them.

"He's awake!" One of them said.

I was moving quicker trying to get away. No matter the pain I was feeling.

"Stop! Wait!"

I managed to get on the deck, but ended up falling flat on my face as my staff slid away from me.

"Momo?" I looked up to see him being petted by Fire Nation soldiers.

He saw me, sat on my shoulder and started licking my cheek.

I got on my knees.

"Twinkle toes! That's gotta be you!" Toph?

"Aang! You are awake!" Katara?

In Fire Nation cloaks?

"Are you sure? I feel like I'm dreaming." I said rubbing my eyes.
"You are not dreaming! You are finally awake!" Katara said hugging me.

"Aang! Good to see you back with the living buddy!" Someone in a Fire Nation soldiers uniform came up to me and hugged me.
"Sokka?"

Why is everyone dressed like that?
Why are we on a Fire Nation ship?
Why do they seem so calm?

"Uh Oh! Somebody catch him he's gonna-"

Rin's P.O.V

"Kiba! I never thought I'd be so happy to see you." Naruto said trying to hug the man.
"Back off Naruto!" He said kicking him away.
"And What's that suppose to mean?!" Kiba yelled.

The whole team is on the boat to the Fire Nation! This is great!

"Lady Hinata! You haven't gotten hurt on the way have you?!" Neji said checking up on Hinata.
"No I didn't. It's nice to see you Neji!" Hinata said with her light smile.

"SHINNNOOOOOO! I'VE MISSED YOU!" Lee said trying to hug Shino.
But Shino pushed him away with his bugs, "Don't touch me."

I started to giggle a bit. It feels nice to have everyone back together.

"Rin, I've never seen you smile like that in awhile." Sakura said sitting beside me.
"It feels nice that the whole gang is together. It feels like we never left home." I said and she smiled.
"Yeah."

"I'm hungry!" Choji yelled.
I tied my hair back, "I'm on it!"

Aang's P.O.V

"Why are we on a Fire Nation ship? Why is everyone dressed this way? And why am I the only one who's completely out of it?" I asked Katara.
"You need to take it easy okay. You got hurt pretty bad." She said and I held my side.

"I like your hair." WHAT HAIR?
"I have hair?!" I touched my head feeling fluffiness instead of the smooth bald feeling.

"How long was I out?!"
"A few weeks."

"Everything okay?" A man came beside Katara and asked her.
She gave an irritated look and looked to the side, "We are fine dad." Dad?

"I'm Dakota. Katara and Sokka's father." He said putting his hand out.
Katara placed her hands on my shoulders, "He knows who you are. I just called you dad didn't I."

Katara's acting mean.

He frowned, "I guess you're right."

I moved Katara's hand and shook his, "Nice to have officially meet you Chief Dakota."
"It's an honour to meet you."
"Great, great now you've guys finally met. Can you now give us a little privacy?"
"Of course." He gave a sad look and left.

"Are you mad at your dad or something?" I asked her.
"What?  Not at all.  Why would you say that?" She said giving a confused looked.

I looked at her confused.
Then grunted in pain.

"Maybe we should go upstairs.  You need a healing session." Katara said helping me up.

***

"Tell me where your pain feels most intense." She asked healing my back.

It hurt a lot.

"A little higher eh!"
Memories of me in the Avatar state appeared.

"Wow, you are definitely in the right area there."
"I can feel a lot of energy twisted up around there.  Let me just see if I can..." She stopped healing and memories struck my head like lightning.

Me dying.
Katara crying and saving me.

"I went down!  I didn't get hurt did I!  It was worse than that!"  I remember everything now.

"I was gone!  But you brought me back."
"I just used the spirit water from the North Pole.  I don't know what I did exactly." Katara said.

"You saved me."
"You need to rest.  She said placing her hand on my cheek."