Chapter 18: The Blade Dance

Rin's P.O.V

"That was amazing Neji!"  I laughed as we sat outside of the cave.
"It just had to be done.  He was a hard headed old man."  Neji said and we laughed some more.

"I really thought you'd scold me."  I said staring at him and he looked at me as if I was the dumbest person on Earth.

"Neji, don't look at me like that..  Everyone would've expected you to just agree with the fire nation.  We want to fit in, and have a good relationship with our enemies.  You did the compete opposite.  You'd usually do what would've been best!"  I said and Neji stared at me.

"Maybe, I feel like you deserve better."  Neji said touching my hand.  I immediately pulled my hand away and blushed embarrassed.

Neji... What is he trying to say?

"I'm gonna go inside!"  I said rushing to the cave.  Neji did not just say and do that.  I passed by Gaara and didn't say anything to him.

I felt him grab my arm.  We looked at each other.

"What?"  I asked confused.
"Nothing."  He released my arm. 

I gritted my teeth and turned angrily.

I looked around the cave..
"Decorations..."
"Yup..  There's gonna be a dance party."  Shikamaru said.
"Wow..."

***

The party commenced and Aang was trying to get everyone to dance.

"You dance?"  Lee from school asked me.  I shook my head.
"My father made me focus on other stuff."  I shrugged. Lee sat beside me and stared at me.

"Liar!" He stared me right in my eyes and I blushed.
"What?"
"Go and have fun for once! If you get in trouble, okay.. But you need to let loose too Rin." He said and I sighed.

I guess Lee was right. I've been so uptight lately. I need to cool down and have some fun.

I pulled out a katana.

Lee stared at me weirdly.
"It's a prop."

I walked in front of the crowd that was unsure of what to do.

I focused on being a ninja, but secretly.. My mom would send me to dance classes. She wanted me to have a normal childhood.. My childhood was probably the most normal out of any Uchiha.

When I was dancing, I was also learning how to wield a blade.

"This is called the Blade Dance."  I stated and all eyes were on me.  I took a deep breath and started to dance.

I haven't danced since my mom died.  It was too much to bare doing stuff that reminded me of her, but no matter how much I tried to forget, this dance embedded in my mind.

"WOO RIN!!!"  I heard Naruto and Rock Lee yell.  I couldn't help but smile and dance better.
More elegance.
Perfect timing.

Everything right now felt great.  I visioned myself in the Uchiha household dancing..  My mom smiling at me, and complimenting me.

I ended the dance sending my icy glare.

Claps and cheers erupted.  My eyes widened.  I smiled happily and bowed.

It was nice to feel like everything was fine.