Chapter 6: Getting Ready

Lacey Montez: (most of these POVs of Lacey will keep happening btw)

"So, how does this whole party thing work?" I asked as I shut the passenger seat.

Calum looks at me from the driver's seat and rolls his eyes.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Lacey?" Sierra scoffed in the back seat.

"What?!" I yelled back at them defensively. "It's my first teenage party, and I want it to be good." I blushed at the thought of it being my first teenage party. I seemed like the only one out of my all my friends who hasn't gotten drunk at a party.

"Just play it cool," Calum sighed and started the engine. "Don't mess up my reputation."

"Okay, okay. I'll just play in it cool."

~

We finally got to Calum's house, minutes later. We pulled up into a small driveway which was way too small compared to the house. According to Calum, his three story house had about nine bed rooms and more rooms for other things.

"Ummm," Calum hummed, scratching the back of his head. "My girlfriend's in there, and I want you guys to just, you know, play it cool. She's a really nice girl, and I'm pretty sure you'll guys get along fast. She reminds me of you, Lacey." Calum chuckled and exited the car to get our small carry on in the back.

Sierra slipped out of the car and went to the front door while I helped Calum with our stuff.

"Thanks for the help," I giggled sarcastically as I went up to the white door Sierra was currently in front of.

Sierra gave me a small wink and a giggle as Calum went to go unlock the door.

We came inside as the smell of peppermint greeted me. "Why does your house always smell like peppermint?" Sierra giggled as if reading my mind.

Calum chuckled as he went to another room. "Kristy?" Calum called. Calum came back to the room we were in. "Hold on, let me find her."

Sierra looked at me completely confused as I mouthed the word 'girlfriend.' She giggled then and waited patiently for Calum's girlfriend to come. Just then, I saw a girl just around the height of Calum's shoulders. Her long black hair that reached the back of her elbows was perfectly curled. Her skin was perfectly smoothed and her makeup was just beautifully natural. She wore a band shirt with a pair of jean shorts.

"Woah," Sierra whispered as I nodded in agreement. 

"Hi," she giggled. "It's nice to meet you too."

"Oh," I snapped out of my thoughts. "I'm Lacey and this is my best friend Sierra. It's nice to meet you. It's just... Gosh, you're really pretty." 

"Me? How about you guys? You guys are gorgeous," she smiled, her small accent filling in my ears.

Sierra blushed and came closer to Cal's girlfriend. Calum came up to me and gave me a small smile. "What do you think?" he chuckled.

"She's great. I'm pretty sure after these three days we're staying here, we'll all be really close friends," I giggled. "What time's the party?"

"Whoever shows up first," Calum smiled and headed back to his girlfriend.

"I'll show you guys your rooms," his girlfriend smiled after talking to Sierra.

~

I woke up to the faint sound of bottles clinking downstairs. I stretched after my quick nap in my small room then grabbed my phone on my bedside table. 6:09.

I lazily dragged myself out of bed and headed over to Sierra's room which was right next door. "Sierra?" I lightly knocked on her door. 

"Come in!" she sang. I spotted Sierra on her bed attempting to put on her makeup. She was in her favorite high waisted black ripped jeans and her favorite grey cropped band T-shirt. Her hair was loosely curled and her makeup was already looking amazing.