Chapter 22: Perfect

Chris Collins: (omf here we go... chris's first pov)

I woke up to see Lacey right beside me. This was perfect. She was perfect. 

Today is the day I'm going to do it. Ask Lacey out... again.

She'll have to say yes. Why wouldn't she?

What she said last night made me so much more confident. I love her a lot, and I wasn't going to give up. Not even if it meant I had to try a third time.

I pull Lacey closer and kiss the top of her head. I couldn't hide my feelings any longer. I needed her to be mine.

Her eyes fluttered opened and she greeted me with a smile. "Goodmorning. Did you sleep good?"

"Best I've slept in weeks," I chuckled. "Wanna get ready?"

She nods and gets out of my grasp. "I'll be ready in about half an hour or so? Is that okay?" she giggled. "I'm a girl. I need my time to get ready."

"And I respect that." I smiled. "Oh wait." I stopped her and reached in my luggage to pull out matching sweaters. I throw one at her face. 

She examines it and laughs. "Are you seriously making me wear this?"

"It's a best friend thing," I lied. "By the way, I invited some friends."

"Like who?"

"Griffin and Mikey. Alex and Meg. And you're sister. Is that okay?"

She pretended to think about it. She was just the cutest thing ever. I just wanted to grab her and give her a kiss. 

"Of course," she giggled. "I'll check if Aspyn's ready." She jogs up the stairs and heads into Aspyn's room.

I quickly take out my phone in my pocket and call Mikey. "Hey Mikey?"

"Hey, wassup?"

"Are you ready? Do you have everything?"

"Don't worry, Chris!" Griffin yelled in the background, causing me to smile.

Mikey chuckled. "Yeah, don't worry. Griffin has the things in her backpack."

"Thanks so much for helping me."

"Anything for my best friends," he smiles then ends the call.

I go over to my messages and text Meg and Alex in a group chat.

Chris: do u have everything?

Meg: yup ;)

Alex: dont worry about it. we got it.

Chris: thx so much :)

Meg: anything for my new otp 

After a couple of more minutes, I quickly change and come out of the restroom just as Lacey comes down with Aspyn. She's in light ripped skinny jeans and the sweater I gave her. Her hair was loosely curled, and she had a Disneyland backpack packed up.

"Ready?" I smiled at both of them. They both nodded as they slipped on their shoes.

"Can I get a picture of you two?" Aspyn asked. 

Perfect.

I smiled at Aspyn while she gives me a wink.

Lacey came to me and hugged me by the waist. We ended up taking a bunch of pictures, her laughing at every snap.

~

We met up with our friends at the entrance of the gate.

"Hey guys!" I greeted as we all gave each other hugs.