Chapter 26: I Can't Do This Anymore

Chris Collins:

I needed to grab her hand at the restaurant last night. I needed to touch her one last time. One last time before everything changes. When everything goes back to the way things were before...

Lacey Montez:

I wake up the next morning next to an empty spot on my bed. I guess Chris left early. I hate to admit it, but he was acting really strange last night. I hope him leaving early had nothing to do with him being weird last night.

I sigh and get up. I grab my phone and check the time. 11:27. I had a text message from Chris and I quickly slid it open.

Chris <3: sry i left early...i had a meeting to go to this morning :(

I shut my phone off and head over to my bathroom as I decide my day plans.

I'll probably get my carrier changed after I eat out for breakfast. I'll start my vlog then I'll edit. What else... I'll probably call Chris over and see what we can do.

After washing my face and getting my makeup ready, I choose an all black outfit with white converse. I also throw on a maroon windbreaker since it was Canada, cold and chilly. I grab one of my white purses and go over to Sierra's room.

 I grab one of my white purses and go over to Sierra's room

"Hey Sierra?" I asked as I slowly opened the door

She was peacefully sleeping in her room. Alone. Without Crawford.

I took this as my chance. "WAKE UP LOSER! WE'RE GONNA EAT AT A TUMBLR CAFE AND TRY TO BE TUMBLR EVEN THOUGH WE'RE FUCKING NOT!" I laughed as I got a pillow and slapped her.

"You're such an idiot," she giggled as she opened her eyes. "Let me get ready. Be back in a few." She got up from her bed and went into her bathroom. Minutes later, she comes out with a more colorful outfit than mine, typical.

 Minutes later, she comes out with a more colorful outfit than mine, typical

"Let's go!" she whines and grabs my wrist. "I need a girls' day, just us."

We quickly go out the apartment and wave over a taxi. 

"We seriously need a car," I chuckled as the driver pulled over.

"I couldn't agree more." She opens the door and moves out of the way to give me space to go in. "Wanna go get your carrier changed after the cafe?"

I nod as she shuts the door behind her. Sierra gives the man the address for the cafe and suddenly we're off.

"Thank you," I smiled and gave him the money. Sierra goes inside and saves us our seats which we luckily get quickly and outside.

As I put my purse aside, I see Calum and Kristy together. "Hey look," I chuckled. "It's Cal and Kristy." She turned their directions and smiled.

"Hey Cal!" she yells from across the outside area. His head snaps towards our direction as well as Kristy.

"Hey guys!" Kristy yells back and waves. She brings Calum with her towards us, hand in hand. "How are you guys? How's the place?" she asked as she approached our table.

"It's going good so far. Everything's perfect," I sighed happily. Sierra nods in agreement.

"Well, we just finished eating, but we'll be happy to visit the place. Call us when you're ready, okay?" Calum chuckled and slung his arm around Kristy.

"We'll be on our way. Enjoy your day," Kristy smiled and gave us both hugs.

I look at Calum as he catches my eyes. I quickly look back down at my menu. 

Did everything change just because of that dream that happened a long time ago?

"Bye guys," I chuckled, still looking at my menu.

Soon they were gone and Sierra lightly pushes my menu down and out of my face. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing," I quickly say and look again at the menu.

"You're lying." She looks me straight into the eyes, and I couldn't resist.

"I had a dream about Calum when we first came. We kissed in the dream and ever since then, I've felt guilty about the whole thing. Cal's my best friend and everything... I don't know," I sigh in frustration and slam my menu on the table.

"Hey, hey," Sierra whispers. "Calm down. It was a one time thing. It didn't happen again did it?"

 I looked at her. It did happen. When I was at home in LA. (i didn't write a chapter about this btw)  It was after Chris left. I guess I was so desperate.

"Lacey..." Sierra looked at me surprised. "Lacey, just ignore it, it's a fucking dream."

"How am I supposed to?" I whine and cover my face.

A lady suddenly appears in front of us with a notepad in her hand. "Good morning ladies. May I take your order?"

~

It was currently five in the evening, and Chris was with me. He seemed distant, shy even. It was unusual of him. Usually he would be clingy. He wasn't even sitting next to me on the couch. Sierra and Crawford were on the other couch, cuddling. 

"Babe?" I looked over at him with a frown.

He continued looking at the screen. "Hmm?"

"Are you okay?" I scooted a bit closer but he only seemed uncomfortable. "Chris?" For some reason, I was scared. My heart was beating just because of Chris's actions. Did I do something wrong? "Chris, look at me."

He looked at me straight into my eyes. "What's wrong?" I whispered.

"We need to talk," he whispered back and stood up. I continued to look at him. I was definitely scared now. ('we need to talk' is like the worse line ever in a relationship😂)

"Chris, you're making me scared. What's wrong?"

He sighed and grabbed my wrist. "I need to talk to you." He drags me outside to the apartment complex park for the little kids. He sat me down on the swings, the one where we first kissed. He sat on the swing beside mine and sighed.

"Lacey?"

I looked over at him. My eyes were full of tears. It was coming. I felt it. And only after a few weeks. This was pointless. I actually felt complete. I twisted my promise ring. I looked over at his fiddling hands... his wasn't there.

"Lacey..."

"What?" I snapped at him.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I sighed, tears suddenly streaming down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I just... I can't do this anymore."

And with just those words, he gets up and leaves without another word, leaving me out in the cold... Alone.

Why me?

-------------

i wanna cry now

thx to all of u reading up to this point luv y'all

Xoxo

sierraamarie

(DONT BE A SILENT READER!!1!!1)